A major advance in rescue hardware, the Rescue Multi-Purpose Device (MPD) performs all the functions for main lines, safety lines, tag lines and hoisting lines.
- Pulley, rescue belay and variable-friction descent control device for rescue systems and rappels
- High efficiency pulley with a rope-locking mechanism for a haul system
- Functions as lowering brake and as a ratcheting pulley for raising
- Designed for use with 13 mm (1/2 in.) static kernmantle life safety rope (not included)
- UL Classified to NFPA 1983, 2006 - General use for pulley, auxiliary, descent control
Developed during four years of research and testing, the MPD is the next major advance in technical hardware for professional rope rescuers - a multi-purpose device that performs all functions for main lines, belay/safety lines, tag lines and hoisting lines. The MPD can be used to tension high lines and guiding lines. Training and on-scene rigging can be greatly simplified by having a single device. Rescue system changeover from a lowering system to a raising system becomes faster and safer by eliminating the need to switch out and replace hardware and rapid conversion to a retrieval line makes it ideal for confined space operations.
- Designed for use with ½ inch (13 mm) static kernmantle life safety rope
- Becket allows for easier rigging and a more efficient pulley system
- Meets BCCTR Rescue Belay Competency Criteria
- Weight: 1.1 kg (2 lbs. 8 oz.)
- Dimensions: 5 ½"W x 7 ¾" H
- Rope Diameter: 13 mm (1/2 in.) not included
- Color: Red/Slate
- 3Sigma MBS: 8,093 lbf. (36 kN)
NFPA: 1983, 2006 - General use for pulley, auxiliary, descent control