Firefighter's Pickhead Axe, Fiberglass Handle
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Body fully polished, hand sharpened, tapered cutting edge and pick
- Body coated with fire engine red enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 36" curved fiberglass handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond.
6lb Pickhead fireman's axe with a 36" curved fiberglass handle. Traditional pickhead style with a cutting bit on one end and a pick designed to penetrate on the other. Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content. Used in all manner of municipal fire fighting applications: chopping, battering, door stop, etc. Heat treated cutting edge produces fine grain structure and RC 45-55 (Rockwell Hardness Value) for safety, edge holding and toughness. Cutting edge is approximately 5" in overall length and the poll is square.