A fire alarm can only alert you. The American-Certified iEvac® Smoke Mask/Escape Hood effectively protects you against smoke & toxic gases; providing extra time to escape.
iEvac is the first—and ONLY—hood currently CERTIFIED to the stringent American National Standard for Smoke Escape Hoods, ASTM E2952-14 – Respiratory Protective Smoke Escape Device (RPED).* Cost-effective, Certified Protection Against: Toxic Gases; carbon monoxide, smoke, hydrogen cyanide, chlorine, ammonia, sulfur dioxide, hydrogen chloride, hydrogen sulfide, and more
- The ONLY Smoke Escape Hood currently certified to the stringent new American Standard!*
- Protects against toxic gases: carbon monoxide, smoke, hydrogen cyanide, chlorine, ammonia, sulfur dioxide, hydrogen chloride, and more
- HEPA filter removes the smallest harmful particulates, even sub-micron particles such as anthrax, smallpox, and radioactive particles
- Guards against flames, radiant heat, and molten drip
- Designed for easy donning, easier breathing, and maximum visibility
- Performance meets or substantially surpasses all standards*
- Toxic Gases: carbon monoxide, smoke, hydrogen cyanide, chlorine, ammonia, sulfur dioxide, hydrogen chloride, hydrogen sulfide, and more
- Harmful Particulates: soot, fumes, aerosols, and others. HEPA filter removes more than 99.996% of sub-micron particles such as anthrax, smallpox, and radioactive particles
- Life-Threatening Physical Hazards: flammability, radiant heat, and molten drip
|Each iEvac® Fire Escape Hood comes vacuum-sealed in a protective foil bag that’s clearly printed with instructions for easy donning and use.
A sturdy outer box makes the mask easy to see and identify. Facilitates stacking or storage. Foldout handle for convenient carry
Features & Benefits:
- Fully enclosing hood protects lungs, head, eyes, and face
- Twin cartridges reduce breathing resistance
- Unobstructed field of view, even for descending stairs
- High-visibility reflective strips make you easier to locate under the worst conditions
- Quick and easy donning
- Head harness adjusts from outside the hood for easy access without compromising protection
- One universal size fits virtually anyone
- Can be used over eyeglasses, beards, and long hair
- Vacuum sealed in a super-tough, waterproof, and puncture resistant 4-layer foil bag to maintain product integrity until opened for use in an emergency.
- Sturdy cardboard outer package is brrightly colored and clearly marked for visibility and easy identification. Facilitates stacking or storage. Foldout handle for convenient carry.
Independently Certified by SEI: meets and substantially exceeds the tough new American Standard.
The iEvac® Fire Escape Hood is certified by the Safety Equipment Institute (SEI) as being in complete conformance with ASTM E2952-14 , American National Standard for Air-Purifying Respiratory Protective Smoke Escape Devices. This certification is earned after extensive independent testing to prove compliance with every requirement in the Standard.
Click for complete performance and test data
Shelf life: 5-½ years from date of manufacture
Weight: 1.4 lbs./635 grams (in ready to use configuration)
Size (folded in vacuum-sealed foil bag, without outer storage box):
- Height – 6-3/4 in (16.8 cm)
- Width– 6-1/8 in (15.5 cm)
- Depth – 5-1/4 in (13.5cm)
User Information and Instruction Manual: Printed on each package in 4 languages: English, Spanish, French,Portuguese
Manufactured to ISO 9001-2000 Standard