Now with marrying groove for Halligan Bar. A classic Flat Head Axe re-designed to give you more power…and unending pride.
Choose 6 or 8 lb head, wood or fiberglass handle, 28”, 32”, or 36” lengths.
More than just another axe. This is a personal tool that simply shines. It’s a work of functional fireman’s art that you can swing with power—and pride—for generations to come. The Firefighter Axe may look like a decorative presentation axe, but it’s made to be used. Used daily. Used hard. Then proudly passed down to the next firefighter in your family.
Made in America. By Firefighters. For Firefighters.
With many of the enhancements that made the Pick Head Firefighter Axe the first choice of the LAFD. The famed Collins Tool “Seagrave Axe” was carried by Los Angeles City Firemen in the early 1900s. It was a great firefighting tool in its day, and still highly prized—if you can find one. When LAFD firefighter, Jason Knight, the founder of Fire Axe, Inc., discovered they hadn’t been made since 1925, and the original dies were long gone. He decided to make his own—and make it even better—improving both its legendary effectiveness and its durability. It was heartily adopted by the LAFD as their current primary fire axe.
For those who prefer the brute force of a flat head axe. Fire Axe, Inc. applied their acclaimed design principles and production techniques to this heavyweight classic, increasing both its legendary cutting power and its durability. Use it with your favorite Hooligan for maximum effectiveness. Today’s cheaper machine-made fire axes simply can’t compare.
Redesigned to punch through faster, penetrate more deeply, and come back for more. By sliming the cross-section of the cheek, and lengthening the blade edge, Fire Axe, Inc. was able to improve penetrating ability and still equalize the balance of the head, precisely centering its weight over the axis of the handle. The flat face of the axe is made square, with sharp corners to improve penetration. The entire head is balanced front-to-back and side-to-side, so the 8 lb. Flat Head Firefigher Axe not only swings more easily, it flies straight, landing a more solid blow with either end, without tending to tip. An integral guard extends down the blade side of the head to enhance rigidity and protect the handle against impact on full penetration or overstrikes. And because the mirror polished surface creates far less friction, you’ll find the Firefighter Axe cuts deeper, cuts cleaner, cuts faster…and stays sharp for the next time.
Virtually hand made in the USA, with the finest American raw materials. Each high grade tool steel head is painstakingly hand-cast with the same lost-wax investment casting method used to reproduce fine sculpture…and precisely ground to the ideal blade angle for the optimum balance of sharpness and durability. Then the heads are heat treated to make them twice as hard as a regular fire axe, and hand polished to a mirror finish. These axes are all steel—not chrome plated. They’ll cut through 16 penny nails and remain razor sharp. And cleaning is quick and easy. With a little care your Firefighter Axe will keep its good looks and fine edge as long you own it.
Securely mounted to a stronger handle. Choose Fiberglass or Wood. The Firefighter Axe’s superior performance doesn’t stop at the head. Whether you choose a wood or fiberglass handle, these are probably the best axe handles you’ll find anywhere. Available in 28" 32" and 36" lengths.
- Traditional Tennessee hickory The wooden handle is made by American craftsmen of the finest 2nd growth Tennessee Hickory. And it’s attached to the head not with a single wedge, like most axes, but four! One lateral wood wedge and three additional metal wedges work together to brace the head in all dimensions. Frankly, if you ever want to replace the handle, you’ll have to drill out the old one.
- High-performance fiberglass. A handle made exclusively for the Firefighter Axe by NUPLA Corp., one of America’s top manufacturers of tool handles. The medium brown fiberglass haft was designed to look as much like a traditional wooden handle as possible. But it’s rated at 1200 lbs. And it’s so firmly epoxied to the head that it simply won’t come off. Plus its textured grip, short throat, and “fawn’s foot” knob provides a firm, non-slip grip, even with wet gloves. No matter which handle you choose, this is an axe you’re going to hold onto…no matter what.
- Material: High grade tool steel, heat treated
- Rockwell Hardness: HRC: 50-58.
- Head Weight: 6 or 8 lbs.
- Overall length: 9-7/8”
- Pick: 4-5/8”, patented design
- Bit length: 5-3/8”
- Handle Guard: Patented feature extends 1-1/2” below head
Choose Wood or Fiberglass Handle in 28”, 32”, or 36” lengths.