The Hot Shield Firefighter Face Mask is a multiple layer, patented face protector mask designed by firefighters for use in all wildland firefighting operations.
The HS-2 offers unequaled, extreme protection against burns to the face/neck with the added benefit of blocking & reducing the inhalation of smoke & ash particulate. Multiple layers of CarbonX® help maintain the crucial airspace in front of the mouth and nose. The soft comfortable inside liners (also CarbonX®) absorb perspiration, adding to user comfort. Highly breathable mesh CarbonX® covers the center ventilation orifice allowing easy air exchange and helps prevent buildup of CO2.
The patented, user-friendly design allows the firefighter to insert an activated carbon, low cost disposable particle filter w/exhalation valve. CarbonX® is the only inherently non-flammable revolutionary fiber in the world that will not burn, ignite, char, shrink or decompose at temperatures exceeding 2600°F. even for extended periods of time. The HS-2 weighs 4.0 oz./112 grams, incorporates Scotchlite® Reflective trim for nighttime visibility and is classified as an interface component of Wildland PPE.
- Extreme thermal protection of major portions of the face and neck
- Reduction of inhalation of particulate matter by means of a screen/knit mesh fabric and use of disposable N-95 style filter with exhalation valve
- NFPA Standard 1977 Wildland Protective Clothing
- Uses hook and loop fasteners to secure mask to neck and head of user
- CarbonX wovens and knit fabrics for enhanced thermal protection
- Nighttime visibility enhancement through use of relective tape trim sewn to left and right side of mask
- One size fits all
- Weighs 5.8oz./162.4 grams