Offering unparalleled performance Cairns® HP3 modern fire helmet is tough enough for structural, light enough for wildlands, and small enough for EMS and confined space applications.
All Cairns traditional helmets offer the following features and benefits:
- Insurance against fireground damage with CairnsHelmet's 5-year shell replacement warranty.
- Non-corroding, high-temperature, glass-filled polymer faceshield/goggle hardware.
- Ultra-high temperature (TPR) edge trim will not melt or drip.
- Faceshield wing protectors for extra faceshield reinforcement.
- Nomex chinstrap with one-hand quick release buckle and postman slide allows quick and easy adjustment.
- Choice of Nomex (Standard Model) or PBI/Kevlar (Deluxe Model) earlap for increased neck/ear coverage and protection.
- Patented shell release increases neck and head protection.
- High-temperature foam cap increases thermal and impact protection.
- High-temperature impact cap liner resists distortion at high temperatures.
- Exclusive SCBA interface front headband adjustment matches the fit of any SCBA mask.
- Three-position, rear-ratchet height adjustment ensures a secure and comfortable fit for all head sizes between 6 3/8 inches and 8 3/8.
- Choice of removeable flannel (Standard Model) or leather (Deluxe Model) cushion liners for washing and upgrading provides greater ease and comfort.
- Large diameter helmet hanger fits on larger hooks and racks.
A sleek, low-profile, NFPA-compliant goggle designed to fit comfortably over most prescription glasses
. The high-temperature frame allows fast lens replacement. Patented Speed Clips make strap adjustments easy, even with gloves on. The snap-on/snap-off mounting system consists of simple low-profile posts on the sides of the helmet. Goggles can be used alone or with a faceshield. They can be stored on the front or back of the helmet, or quickly removed, as desired.
MSA's exclusive Defender Visor—
Never lose or misplace your eye protection again. There’s no other NFPA compliant helmet eyewear as compact or as convenient. The MSA Defender Visor actually retracts into the helmet’s shell where it stays clean and instantly ready to deploy. Cairns’ unique design allows the visor to be raised and lowered in an instant, even with gloved hands. And don't be concerned about it slipping; the Defender stays securely stowed until YOU pull it down. It’s optically correct lens eliminates peripheral distortion. Its sleek, close-fitting profile leaves nothing sticking out or hanging off the helmet to get caught on something in zero-visibility conditions or throw the helmet off balance. And maintenance is simple. The visor can be quickly disconnected from the helmet without tools, allowing fast lens changes, even during field use. Prepare for maximum efficiency.
4” Tuffshield® Visor.
Although it costs you no more than the clear and smoke visor options, we at TheFireStore.com believe the Tuffshield visor offers distinct advantages. We supply it as the standard equipment visor on all Cairns Traditional and Deluxe Configuration helmets for some very good reasons: Tuffshield is significantly more heat resistant.
The Tuffshield Defender visor is heat-resistant up to 500° F. Other visor materials will start to melt at about 345° Tuffshield is a heavier grade material with more impact resistance. As the name implies, it’s just tougher. The slight yellowish tint helps you see better, day or night. Like a pair of amber shooting glasses, they filter out harsh wavelengths and glare, improving contrast and revealing more detail under all lighting conditions—including looking at flames. 4” amber Tuffshield visor is compliant with NFPA 1971, 2013 edition. All visors meet ANSI Z87.1+ impact requirements.
Offered with Defender, 4" Shield, ESS Goggles, or no eye protection
4" Leather Fronts are sold separately.