From the Ultimate Truckman’s/ Ladder Belt…to Class II Harness—with two quick clicks.
It started with the Ultimate Hands-Free Ladder Belt
, developed by a small group of veteran Illinois Firefighters who felt they could add more utility to basic Truckman’s and ladder belts. The Pac Mule made it easier and more comfortable to carry axes and other large, heavy tools. They added a super strong lanyard and scaffold hook to meet NFPA specifications for a ladder, Emergency Escape Belt. The PacMule Ultra Quick Release Ladder Belt is winning converts all across the country for its exceptional combination of utility, security, and comfort. Now, Pac Mule has turned the Ultimate Truckman’s Ladder Belt into an Escape Harness that not only meets NFPA Class II specifications—it’s made to put on over your turnouts in seconds—without even bending over.
- Innovative Pac Mule Harness design features snap-on leg loops for faster, easier donning and doffing than any Class II spec Harness on the market.
- Built on the more comfortable, more effective, modern Pac Mule Truckman’s / Ladder Belt
- Meets all NFPA specs for Ladder Escape Belts and Class II Harnesses for Personal Escape
- Heavy-duty 18” nylon lanyard is permanently attached to the belt’s bailout ring in compliance with NFPA standards for Ladder Belts.
- The full-length 4” wide cool-max waist pad provides wrap-around support and puts a layer of extra cushioning between the belt, tools, SCBA gear, and your body
- Belts are color-coded by size for faster selection and improved safety
More Lifesaving Convenience – With leg harness loops you simply snap on…instead of stepping through. Pac Mule’s innovative Escape Harness can be donned and doffed over turnouts faster and more easily than any Class II spec Harness on the market. Fasten the belt around your waist with the quick-release snap hook and give the webbing a quick pull to tighten it. The leg loops are attached to the back of the belt. Bring each one up between the legs and fasten it securely to the front of the belt with the steel quick-release buckles. No need to bend all the down in thick turnouts to step into the harness—not even on one side. It’s a snap—three snaps, actually. And it takes just seconds.
More Security. A heavy-duty 18” nylon lanyard is permanently attached to the belt’s bailout ring in compliance with NFPA standards for Ladder Belts. The no-nonsense steel ladder hook has a ¼-turn safety lock that can be opened in a second, even with gloves on, and re-locks itself even faster, as soon as you let it go. Its unique shape and wide 2” gate opening makes it large enough for virtually any ladder rung or bucket attachment. And the 18” fixed lanyard has proven an ideal length—long enough to allow freedom of movement inside a bucket, but too short to “hang yourself.”
More Comfort. This lightweight belt integrates 4” wide Coolmax-lined back padding against the 1-1/2” nylon webbing that actually carries the load. The full-length waist pad not only provides wrap-around support, it puts a layer of extra cushioning between the belt and your body, comfortably spreading the load, and protecting you—and your turnout coat—from cutting or abrasion by the belt and the tools it’s designed to carry. Plus it helps keep your SCBA from hitting your spine.
More Utility. The PacMule Ultra is designed to carry tools and equipment in any situation without them slipping or tangling. Suspend your D-rings (not included) from the support webbing attached horizontally at the lower edge of the belt. The unique design keeps an axe or Halligan suspended from the D-ring in a stable position that minimizes swinging and holds the tool’s head against the cushioning belt. When not being used, the D-rings fold flat against the belt and are held up, and out of the way, with simple, sturdy snaps. Two more carabineer slots in back let you attach additional equipment or tag lines.
More Speed. The quick-release fastener is designed to be snapped on or opened in a hurry, even with gloves on. Friction buckles on all the belt and both leg loops let you adjust the harness’ size to fit comfortably and securely over your turnout gear, with a few quick pulls.
More Safety Options. With its 6,000 lb. rated webbing and forged bailout ring, the PacMule Ultra Quick-Release Ladder Belt/Harness exceeds NFPA specifications for escape belts and Class II harnesses. The specially shaped front-mounted bailout ring provides a secure, fast-access attachment point for the ladder strap or bailout line. It's also good for tag and search lines. It folds out of the way and is held flat against the belt by a snap loop when not in use. Extra webbing is attached to the bailout ring and connected to the extra large ladder hook carabiner..
More Lifesaving Visibility—with new colors to simplify sizing and speed selection. The Pac Mule’s belt’s wide, high-strength webbing now comes in colors that signify the size of the belt, making it extremely easy to recognize and select the size that fits. No more trying to find and read labels. Just find your color and put it on: Black = Medium, Blue = Large, Yellow = X-Large, Red = XX-Large. The color coded webbing is securely stitched to the 4” wide belt padding and surrounded by highly reflective, flame-resistant, 3M Scotchlite material to help make you more visible under all conditions. Plus it makes the belt and its attachment points easy to locate in a drag and rescue situation.
Exceeds NFPA standards for Ladder/Escape belts and Class II Harnesses
Waist Sizes Available: Medium (Black) 28”–33”; Large (Blue) 34"–40", X-Large (Yellow) 42"–50", XX-Large (Red) 52"
- Heavy duty hardware and construction throughout
- Innovative Pac Mule Harness features snap-on leg loops for faster, easier donning and doffing than any Class II spec Harness on the market.
- Leg harness design allows stable positioning and secure rappelling during rope escape situations
- Heavy-duty 18” nylon lanyard is permanently attached to the belt’s bailout ring in compliance with NFPA standards for Personal Escape/Ladder Belts.
- Quick-release steel ladder hook carabiner with 2” gate opening; permanently attached to belt webbing for added ladder safety
- 1-1/2” Belt webbing rated at 6,000 lb.
- Ladder Hook and lanyard webbing meet OSHA & ANSI Type II Standards
- 4" wide padded belt provides an extra layer of wrap-around comfort protects your turnout gear, and your back from tools and SCBA gear
- Equally distributes weight of equipment
- 3M ScotchLite® reflective material on front of padding provides high visibility in any light
- Allows for hands-on ladder climbing with tools secured
- Convenient quick tag and search line attachment
- Provides 4" of wrap-around comfort
- Equally distributes weight of equipment
- PacMule Escape and Ladder Belts are constructed to meet or exceed NFPA specifications
- Belts are color-coded by size for quick, sure selection and improved safety