Self-breaking descender with anti-panic function for rescue
Petzl’s signature professional descender designed for rescue has been improved, yet remains comfortable and easy to use. The multi-functional handle allows you to unlock the rope and control the descent with your hand on the breaking side of the rope, move more easily on horizontal or low-angle terrain thanks to the button on the handle, and to position yourself while on the rope. The I’D anti-panic function is engaged if you pull too hard on the handle: the pivoting cam is released and automatically breaks to stop the descent. Petzl included an anti-error safety cam to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope. The shape of the anti-error cam is designed to improve rope glide during an ascent, while the pivoting cam makes it easier to take up the slack in the rope.
- Designed for rescue: lacks a gate
- The new button at the end of the handle facilitates movement on horizontal and low-angle surfaces
- The new angle of the anti-error safety catch makes it easier to take up slack
- The different handle positions are clearly identified for better understanding
- Multi-function handle allows user to regulate the descent and get into position without having to tie off the device
- Can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTPRO foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp)
- Rope diameter: 11.5 mm / 13 mm
- Certification: CE EN 341 Class A, NFPA 1983 G
- Weight: 18.7oz
- 3-year guarantee
- Dimensions: 8.858" x 3.543"
- Choose From: