A serious NFPA ARFF Proximity Glove with radiant protection all around, Steamblock® insulation on the back, and a GORE RT7100 Glove Barrier inside.
- Full coverage radiant protection: entire glove body constructed with Aluminized PBI® /Kevlar® knit fabric.
- Extra thermal protection with Shelby Firewall® Steamblock® insulating pad on the back of the hand.
- GORE™ RT7100 Glove Barrier/Thermal liner is sewn in at fingertips; will not melt or degrade under extreme heat.
- Gun cut design with wing thumb construction for excellent mobility and comfort.
- Black FR spilt Cowhide Grip surface patches on Palm side for more durability and a better grip.
- Certified NFPA 1971, 2007 edition for Proximity and Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting.
Finally, an ARFF (Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting) glove with full protection. The new Shelby 5200 proximity firefighting glove has effective reflective/radiant heat protection over the entire outer shell. In fact, the glove's body is constructed entirely of 7 oz. aluminized PBI® /KEVLAR® Knit—on the palm, top, sides, and between the fingers—for maximum protection against extreme radiant heat. But the protection only starts there. The oversized back of the glove has an expandable pleat that allows easier movement, improved air circulation, and holds Shelby’s innovative Firewall® Steamblock® insulative pad, which covers the entire back of the hand, from the bottom of the wrist to the knuckles, providing an additional layer of thermal protection against extreme temperatures generated by steam and combustible fuels. Inside, the glove features the advanced breathable barrier and thermal protection of specially cut, sealed, and sewn-in GORE™ RT7100 Glove Barrier Fabric. Special FR split Cowhide gripping surfaces are applied to the palm for added protection and a better grip. All stitching is done with high burst strength Kevlar thread. A durable gauntlet cuff extends full aluminized protection over the wrist. Made in U.S.A. Certified NFPA 1971, 2007 edition. Generously cut sizes M, L, XL, JUMBO
- Proximity Glove constructed with full 7 oz. aluminized PBI® /KEVLAR® outer shell.
- Firewall® Steamblock® insulative thermal protection pad on back of hand for superior protection against steam and extreme heat.
- GORE™ RT7100 Glove Barrier Fabric liner, individually cut, sewn, and sealed to fit each size glove, and permanently sewn into the fingertips.
- SEI Certified to meet NFPA 1971, 2007 edition for Proximity and ARFF protective gear.
- CE PPE in accordance with Council Directive 89/686/EEC. Model compliant to harmonized standards EN 659: 1996 and EN 388: 1994.
- Made in U.S.A.
- Generously Sized: M, L, XL, JUMBO.
GORE™ RT7100 GLOVE BARRIER FABRIC—THE BEST PROTECTION AND COMFORT IN ITS CATEGORY. GORE RT7100 Glove Barrier Fabric is uniquely suited to complement Shelby’s highly-engineered manually cut, sewn, and sealed glove construction system. The liners are individually graded, produced in as many sizes as there are glove sizes, and perfectly crafted to fit Shelby's anatomically-correct proportional glove patterns. Because each liner precisely matches the size and cut of the glove in which it will be installed, it will provide incomparable fit and comfort, as well as the superior thermal and water-proof-breathable barrier performance for which GORE™ Barrier Fabrics are known.
Proven flame resistance, thermal stability, and waterproof integrity. GORE™ RT1700 Glove Barrier Fabric is compliant to NFPA 1971 requirements as an alternative to polyurethane barriers. In fact, it’s been proven a superior alternative—creating a durable, comfortable, breathable moisture barrier that will not melt or degrade, as typical polyurethane or polyamide-based moisture barriers are prone to do. In independent testing, these GORE™ glove barriers remained completely waterproof and did not shrink or degrade after a 5 min exposure at 500° F.
Effectively resists liquid penetration by water, blood & body fluids, and common fire ground chemicals, per NFPA standards. Plus each and every liner is individually dunk-tested before it is sewn into the glove for which it is specifically sized. So you can count on getting the performance you expect. With its exceptional abrasion-resistance, dimensional and thermal stability, and fast-drying properties, the GORE™ RT1700 Glove Barrier allows these premium Shelby gloves to dry out faster…fit better, and last longer.
GORE RT7100 Glove Barrier Fabric is certified compliant to NFPA 1971 requirements as an alternative to polyurethane barriers.
Generously Sized: M, L, XL, JUMBO