A quick-grabbing wide-saddle forged steel anchor hook for firefighter escape systems.
Designed in conjunction with members of FDNY as a component in their fire escape system.
Popular, because this, simple, versatile well-designed hook is strong, easy to use, and proven effective. It was engineered specifically to be used as a component in firefighter escape systems designed by qualified personnel. The generous 2” saddle of the hook will fit around most pipes or framework, and the sharply machined tip will quickly bite into drywall or plaster around a door or window frame, to provide a fast purchase and a secure anchor point where snap hooks or carabiners simply can’t. The tip is rated for the hook’s full Working Load Limit. This sturdy, US-made hook meets the requirements of NFPA 1983 for Light-use Auxiliary Equipment.
- Provides a secure anchor point around door or window frames where a carabiner or snap hook can’t
- Wide 2” bowl (saddle) of the hook is designed to easily fit around pipes or framework
- Forged Alloy Steel, quenched and tempered for optimum hardness
- Machined tip will bite into drywall or plaster; rated for full working load limit
- Meets NFPA 1983 Standard for Life Safety Rope and System Components, Light Use
FEATURES & USE INFORMATION:
- For use with 7.5 or 8 mm personal escape rope.
- Forged Alloy Steel, quenched and tempered for optimum hardness.
- Designed in conjunction with members of FDNY as a component in their fire escape system.
- Weights just .8 lbs for easy carry.
- Each product has a Crosby ID and Product Identification Code (PIC) for material traceability forged into it.
- Working Load Limit of 1124 lbs. Ultimate Load is 4.4 times the Working Load Limit. Design Factor of 4.4 to 1 (per NFPA 1983).
- The 2” wide bowl (saddle) of the hook is designed to easily fit around pipes or framework
- Machined, pointed tip is rated for full Working Load Limit.
- Intended to be a component of a system specifically designed by a qualified person for firefighter escape.
- The user is to be trained in the proper usage of the system.
- After any use, the hook must be inspected. Any evidence of paint discoloration due to heat damage, hook deformation, or alteration is cause for removal from service and replacement.
- Meets NFPA 1983 - Standard on Fire Service Life Safety Rope and System Components, for Light-use Auxillary Equipment.
- Working Load Limit of 1,124 lbs.
- Height: 6.7 in. (17cm)
- Width: 3.4 in. (8.6cm)
- Saddle: 2.1 in. (5.3cm)
- Eye: .4 in. (1cm)
- Weight: .88 lbs.(399g)
- UL Certified to meet NFPA -1983-L.
- Made in USA
NOTICE: Not for Overhead Lifting