Lightweight, comfortable, high-speed leather bunker boots. Dual certified for both Structural & Proximity fire fighting.
Protects like aluminized rubber. But looks, fits, feels, and lasts like lightweight leather—because it is.
Firefighters faced with the need to be equipped for both structural and proximity firefighting have long dreamt of having a boot certified to do both. A single boot-able to protect in close, against the most extreme heat and flames-like heavy, clunky, uncomfortable, rubber Proximity/ARFF boots. But built to provide the comfort, fit, agility, and unencumbered performance of today's best leather structural boots. PRO listened. PRO delivered.
- Advanced leather proximity/ structural bunker boot hybrid protects like rubber, wears like leather, feels like an athletic shoe
- True athletic construction delivers unencumbered performance and agility
- Full height waterproof, breathable, protective bootie combines an aluminized radiant shield, Kevlar thermal felt, a Crosstech® Moisture Barrier, & Cambrelle® liner fabric for unsurpassed protection from heat, fluids, and internal abrasion
- Roomy Bulldog steel toe, full steel bottom plate, and ladder shank provide comfort and protection
- Union Made in the USA
Introducing Struximity: Gets you in close. Gets you out fast. The PRO 5050 is indeed half and half. But it delivers a full measure of performance and protection in both directions. Just 6½ lbs. per pair. Struximity features a high-performance fire-resistant and waterproof leather upper feels, flexes, fits comfortable, and protects against impact and abrasion...just like the best leather. And it's both cemented and stitched down to PRO's acclaimed Vibram Fire & Ice Compound Lug Sole with genuine Goodyear Welt Sole Construction...for traction and lasting protection under practically impossible conditions. With an improved heal fit and comfortable molded inserts. Then it's lined with an ultra-high-temperature- and radiant-resistant aluminized bootie and multi-layer liquid barrier shield liner that's also breathable and moisture-wicking. It's so advanced, so uniquely protective, it's US Patent pending-and able to provide all the protection any Proximity firefighter requires. You can leave those clunky silver ARFF/Proximity Boots behind!
- Athletic Construction. Designed for unencumbered performance and agility without sacrificing support
- Comfortable and lightweight. At 6.6 pounds, you'll barely know these supremely protective boots are there. The days of wearing a 10 pound ARRF boot are gone.
- Specially designed profiled boot shaft is large enough to accommodate the largest legs while still fitting comfortably under proximity pants.
- High performance fire -resistant and waterproof leather upper has been independently tested to withstand the harsh environment of JP8 commonly found in ARRF environments.
- Goodyear welt sole construction is proven for more than 20 years in the fire service, Pro uses it, with special liners and materials to make this boot able to withstand the extreme temperatures and harsh environments of proximity firefighting. And the stitched-down construction means you can replace just the soles-not the entire boot.
- Vibram® lug soles with Fire & Ice compound are cemented and security stitched using proven Goodyear Welt construction for superior durability and the greatest protection possible in rigorous structural fire fighting environments and extreme radiant heat conditions. Plus the Pro exclusive Fire and Ice sole compound improves winter traction on ice and snow-even on wet ice.
- Steel bottom plate and shank are a must for complete protection from puncture and dangerous twisting. The double radiant layers and aluminized shield will keep any heat transfer away from your feet in high heat conditions.
- Improved heel pocket and comfortable molded insert defend against heel slippage while stabilizing and minimizing back and leg strain.
Extreme Protection inside: Thermal, Radiant, Moisture, chemical, pathogen, even abrasion. An internal aluminized shield and double layer of radiant protection are incorporated in a unique, full-height bootie with 7.5 oz of Virgin Kevlar felt laminated to a full Crosstech® waterproof, breathable fluid barrier; and quilted to a smooth, moisture-wicking, anti-bacterial Cambrelle® inner liner. It's a unique combination that blends extreme thermal performance, excellent moisture management and antibacterial properties, with unmatched liquid penetration resistance against blood and body fluids.
U.S. patent pending
APT Barcode meets Departmental NFPA 1851 Tracking.
Union made in USA Certified to NFPA 1971, 2007 edition for Structural AND Proximity Fire Fighting.
- Wearforce™ Toe protector is resin impregnated and highly impervious. Used in other tough environment applications for durability, it outlasts natural and synthetic leathers by a factor of five.
- Athletic Vibram® Racer Sole with Fire and Ice compound-brand new and exclusive to PRO boots. Provides great traction, durability, and turn-on-a-dime maneuverability. Fire and Ice sole compound improves winter traction on ice and snow.
- Roomy Bulldog steel toe, full steel protective bottom plate and ladder shank. Another first in firefighter footwear. Shaped differently than standard round toes, the Bulldog steel toe provides wearers with unique protection and comfort. It's low profile still leaves lots of room for comfort. A full steel bottom plate delivers maximum protection against punctures, while the ladder shank adds arch support. It all combines to give you protection, comfort, and support your feet will more than appreciate at the end of the run.
- Defender Shaft. After 30 years it's still the reputed leader for rugged durability and protection against extreme temperatures. The lightweight Nomex® keeps the boots comfortable while the Wearforce side-stays give the shaft stability when stacking on pants.
- Full Crosstech® Moisture Barrier. The leader in moisture barriers for the fire service is waterproof and highly breathable, with unmatched liquid penetration resistance against blood and body fluids. A Cambrelle® liner fabric quilted to a 10.5 oz polyfelt thermal barrier combines to add excellent moisture management and antibacterial properties and superb insulating performance. It's a combination that provides some of the best protection available for fire fighting activities.
- Removable cushioned inserts. Molded, contoured inserts keep you comfortable for hours. They are easily replaced or exchanged with your custom orthotics.