It’s Not Perfect—Just Better
Now NFPA Certified!
True North’s mid-sized bag has the capacity to carry extra gear for those long days in the brush. Includes Fusee pockets, side pockets able to hold two one-liter bottles, and a built-in pocket for a 100oz (3L) hydration reservoir.
The Spitfire has earned a reputation as one of the most comfortable and well built packs made for Wildland fire fighting, or general use. But no matter how good their gear seems to be, True North keeps working to make it even better. For 2009 they have made significant upgrades to the comfort and function based on feedback from folks like you.
Major design upgrades include a bigger hydration pocket with rigid plastic divider next to main gear pocket so reservoirs slide in and out easily, Zippered side pockets. Large enough to hold two one-quart water bottles, and six fusees. Now you don’t have to worry about ash, dirt or losing bottles
Use this item as a replacement gear bag for your Spitfire Pack. Or you can retrofit this versatile, small bag to any True North Waistbelt and Harness, or to your Spyder Gear system with the X-Changer™ Pack Connector.
- Spitfire Mid-Sized Gear Bag (15" x 10" x 7.5")
- 100oz (3L) Hydration pocket (reservoir not included)
- 2 Side Pockets hold 32oz./1-liter bottles (bottles not included) or other necessary items
- 12 Fusee carrying capacity
- Flaps covering all zippers
- Interior mesh organizer pockets
- Capacity: 2250 cu in
- Lifetime Warranty: All True North products are backed by the manufacturer’s lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
- Dimensions: 15” x 10” x 7.5”
- Capacity: 2250 cu in
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Materials: 1000D Cordura®, Nylon Webbing, #10 & #8 YKK® Zipper, Nylon Webbing, Nylon Hardware, 3M™ Reflective Tape
NFPA*. All of the fabric, fasteners, webbing, zippers, and other hardware used in True North products are designed to meet or exceed NFPA 1977, 2005 edition Specifications; as well as US Forest Service specifications for fireline packs 5100-605 and 5100-86B.
*This updated pack is being designed and built to meet NFPA 1977, 2005 edition specifications. As of this writing, True North is in the process of getting the upgraded product independently tested to ensure compliance. For further information, please contact True North customer service at 800.873.5728 x174