This distinctive curved cutting tool's claw-like tip overwhelms material in its cutting path.
As the hook pulls what is being cut against and in contact with the sharpened edge, the hook winds around material stopping it from sliding off the tip. The Hawkbill blade's shape is rooted in the commercial fishing industry, its profile ideal for downward, sweeping cutting performed at arm's length directed away from the body.
Full serrations across the blade's length measurably increase its cutting capacity for separating webbing, cardboard and coarse or fibrous material. The hollow-ground blade features jimping at both spine and choil for additional tactile dexterity and control over the cutting edge. The FRN (fiberglass reinforced nylon) handle is molded with Bi-Directional Texturing and a fish-scales pattern handle is for slip-resistance in any hand position with an ambidextrous tip/up, tip/down steel pocket clip. Nested inside the handle are full length skeletonized steel liners, increasing rigidity and strength without adding bulk or weight. Screw-together handle construction allows for adjustment and a lanyard hole located at the handle's edge accommodates secondary retention through attachment of a lanyard or thong.
- 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel Blade
- Hawk Bill Shaped Blade
- "SpyderEdge" Serrated Blade
- Full Length Skeletonized Steel Liners
- Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon Handle (FRN)
- Ambidextrous Steel Pocket Clip
- Overall Length: 6.812 " (173 mm)
- Blade Length: 2.875 " (73 mm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.093 " (2.5 mm)
- Closed Length: 4.031 " (102 mm)
- Cutting Edge: 2.031 " (62 mm)
- Weight: 2.6 oz. (75 g)