A simple and efficient navigation tool for orienteering and other outdoor activities.
The watches in the RECON Series each bear the title of a Reconnaissance team member and have features specific to their roles in a RECON operation. The Navigation Specialist is the person responsible for keeping the patrol on the designated route until the target is reached, keeping on track with the use of a map, a compass, and GPS. They are highly adept at navigation – always oriented to the target.
- Function: TimeDate
- Black/White Dial w/Green Markings
- Quartz Movement
- 46mm Black Carbon Reinforced PC Case
- Carbon reinforced PC case
- Rotating 1-Way Diver Bezel
- Caseback with Screws
- Double-Security Gasket Crown
- Sapphire glass anti reflective coating
- 20 ATM, 200m, 600 ft. Water Resistance
- Features a tachymeter scaled to measure walking speeds
- 24mm Black PU Strap
- Strap features a removable Compass and three common map scales which can be used to measure distances on maps without the need for calculations
- Night Vision Tubes Illumination (25 years)
Black Dial with White/Green Markings
The new NAV SPC models 8831 (KM) and 8832 (M) have a larger dial and a 46mm case. The dial incorporates an easy to read walking speed tachymeter, a unique feature of the RECON series and a novelty for watches, either in kilometer (8831) or miles (8832) per hour. As Special Forces soldiers often work in different time zones, this Luminox model employs a movement with a GMT function enabling the wearer to set a second time zone. In order to facilitate navigation with a map, the newly designed watch strap features three common map scales which can be used to measure distances on maps without the need for calculations. The watch strap also features an inch/cm measurement and comparison chart and holds a removable compass as an orientation device.
The combination of a black carbon-reinforced polycarbonate case, ratcheting dive bezel with two-tone aluminum ring, and black dial has a very recognizable military look. The graduated turning bezel and the contrast-color countdown quadrant of the dial can be used to time maneuvers and the bezel’s compass rose helps to establish the wearer’s position. The antireflective sapphire crystal is scratch resistant and the watch is powered by an always reliable and precise Ronda Swiss quartz movement. RECON Series watches are packaged in military-style MOLLE (MOdular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment) units that double as sunglass cases.
Designed in collaboration with former Swiss Army Military Security NCO Andrea Micheli, an internationally recognized law enforcement and military journalist and shooting instructor, the Swiss-made NAV SPC watch addresses the needs of military personnel for analog watches that can also be used as a simple and efficient navigation tool for orienteering, and other outdoor activities of civil consumers.
All Luminox watches must undergo additional manufacturing steps that other watches no not require. The Luminox self-powered illumination system must be installed into each and every watch. It is a costly and time consuming endeavor but it is what makes Luminox watches special. Each watch employs tiny self-powered micro gas lights developed by the world leader in the luminous compound industry. These micro gas lights (borosilicate glass capsules) are installed into the hands, hour markers, and when necessary, bezels of our watches. Luminox watches need no external light source to "charge" the paint on the dial or hands in order to glow as do conventional luminous watches. Nor do they require a push of a button to light the dial as do watches with electro luminescence. The US military has long recognized the advantages of micro gas light sources and their use is specified in procurement specification MIL-W-6374F.
All Luminox Watches Feature:
- The ultimate illumination system
- Glows continuously for more than 25 years
- Glows 100 times brighter than other luminous watches
- Swiss illumination system is self-powered
- No need to push button or expose to light to activate illumination system
- Illumination guaranteed for 10 years
- Entirely Swiss made with multi-jewel Swiss quartz watch movement
- Water and Shock resistant