Designed by Warren Osborne, Benchmade's 183 Fixed Contego Knife has a durable stainless steel reverse tanto blade with excellent cutting power.
The CPM-S30V premium stainless steel blade of the 183 Fixed Contego Knife has a very thick and extraordinarily strong high point in-line with the pivot, which absorbs the impact from piercing. The coating on the blade provides excellent corrosion protection that exceeds the ASTM-117 spec for saltwater, while the satin finish creates a low-luster sheen on the blade's surface. The knife features a smooth, contoured black G10 handle that's impervious to moisture and physically stable under climate change, ensuring that you'll keep a solid grip on the knife during use. The multiple position, molded Kydex sheath offers outstanding impact and chemical resistance and fire retardancy; using it, you can easily carry and readily deploy the Contego Knife whenever you need it. From law enforcement and public safety to elite military troops, Benchmade's obligation is still the same: the best tools for the job. Imagine what the 183 Fixed Contego Blade can do in your world.
- Reverse tanto blade has a very thick and extraordinarily strong high point in-line with the pivot, which absorbs the impact from piercing
- CPM-S30V premium stainless steel blade (58-60HRC) offers superb edge qualities
- Black corrosion resistant coated blade provides excellent corrosion protection, which exceeds the ASTM-117 spec for saltwater while possessing higher scratch resistance
- Satin finish on blade creates a low-luster sheen on the blade's steel surface.
- Smooth, contoured black G10 handle is impervious to moisture and physically stable under climate change
- Multiple position, molded Kydex sheath with adjustable detent offers outstanding impact and chemical resistance as well as fire retardancy
- Available Models:
- 183: Plain edge/no blade coating
- 183S: ComboEdge® (partially serrated)/no blade coating
- 183BK: Plain edge black corrosion resistant coated blade
- 183SBK: ComboEdge® (partially serrated)/ black corrosion resistant coated blade coated blade
S30V Premium Stainless Steel: An American made and developed premium grade stainless steel created especially for knives. It is a powder made steel with a uniform carbide distribution and clean steel properties. As a blade material it offers excellent corrosion resistance and superb edge qualities.
G10 Handle: An extremely durable makeup of layers of fiberglass soaked in resin, then highly compressed and baked. Impervious to moisture or liquid and physically stable under climate change. Most commonly black, but is available in various colors, too.
Tanto: Most tantos seen on the American cutlery market are Americanized formats. Like the Japanese tanto, the Americanized tanto has a high point in-line with the pivot. A flat grind is applied to the point, leaving it very thick and extraordinarily strong. This thick area helps absorb the impact from piercing, as the tanto was originally designed for armor piercing. The front edge meets the bottom edge at an obtuse angle rather than curving to meet it as seen in the Japanese tanto. The only negative aspect of the tanto blade shape is the cutting surface area is sacrificed to gain tip strength.
||S30V Premium Stainless Steel
||Water- and climate change-resistant G10
||Multi-position molded Kydex w/ adjustable detent