Portable, self-contained 532nm Green FLS Area Light and Spotlight
Powerful, rechargeable green 532nm LED forensic light source for searches up to 30 ft. (10m) away. The Nomad's power and portability enables it to perform faster, more effective searches at greater distances compared to most LED forensic light sources.
- 2 lights in one: area light and spotlight
- No warm up or cool down required
- Portable, rechargeable, cordless and generator-free design
- Deploys in under 20 seconds
- Battery life indicator
- AC or DC charge / drive
- Head rotates 340 degrees and tilts up & down
- Anchor down chain
- Rocky Mountain legs (AKA leg adjustments) for uneven terrain
- Lens cover provides protection when light is stored
It is configured with 3 different intensities. It can travel to large crime scenes in remote and dimly lit areas. This green FLS is rechargeable, accurate to ± 3nm and self-contained. A shoulder strap, charger and recharge lithium ion battery system are included. Use with orange or red goggles.
Latent prints (AKA fingerprints) processed with fluorescent dyes and powders
Field crime scene search and laboratory
2 lights in 1: combination area light and spotlight
Your lighting needs can change in an instant or on a case by case basis. As an area-spot light, this light provides two types of lights in one.
All weather and waterproof
- Area light: attach diffuser for 120° flood light
- Spotlight: detach diffuser lens for 8° focused light
This fully submersible lighting tool can be used underwater (up to 10 ft.). Its all-weather design can thrive in the summer desert heat, heavy rain, the cold of a snow storm…and everything in between.
Up to 24 hours of battery life
Some events are over in a few hours and require as much as lighting as possible (vehicle extrication, EMS, etc.). The Nomad provides 3 continuous hours of light on the high mode. Other events are far more involved. The low mode provides 24 hours of continuous light for extended work period (power failure, large event in rural area, etc.).
Overhead tripod light
Many portable area lights only extend to 6ft (1.8 m) tall, which is near the eye level and potentially blinding. The Prime extends up to 8ft (2.4 m) tall to deliver overhead lighting that does not blind the user.
Solo operation and 20 second deployment
The Nomad stows as a compact tube weighing 17 lbs. (7.7 kg). A shoulder strap is included for easy transport. The light is designed so that an individual can deploy it in 20 seconds.
Battery level indicator
At a scene, you'll want to keep track of how much light you have left. Every Nomad is equipped with a battery level indicator, which changes color from green to orange to red as the battery drains.
Bazooka light option
- Green indicator: 70-100% battery charge left
- Orange indicator: 30-70% battery charge left
- Red indicator: under 30% battery charge left
The portable Prime can be used as a shoulder-worn bazooka light that illuminates your path so you can get where you need to go. The beam is capable of illuminating over 1 mile (1.6 km) ahead. Once you’ve reached your destination, you can deploy it as a tripod light.
Accurate to 3nm
FoxFury forensic lights sources (FLS) are precise lighting tools. They are accurate to ±3nm, which helps in visualizing fluorescence / absorption in evidence.
Easy to clean
Looking for evidence can be a messy job and you can risk contamination or cross contamination if not careful. The Nomad is fully waterproof and can be easily cleaned and disinfected after each use.
Built to last
This rugged light is tough enough for any job. Its nylon body withstands impact and the heat of a fire scene.
Hold-down clamp for high wind environments
In severe wind, you may want to weigh the light down as a safety measure. A D-ring at the base of the unit allows a sandbag to be attached.
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery System (built-in), AC Adaptor & Cord, DC Cord, 3M Reflective Yellow Safety Strips, Nomad Accessories Bag
Light Output & Runtimes
- 100% intensity | 3 hours | High
- 40% intensity | 9 hours | Medium
- 20% intensity |24 hours| Low
Light Color & Wavelength
- 8 degree spotlight
- 120 degree area light
Recommended Operational Distance
- Latent prints (AKA fingerprints) processed with flourescent dyes and powders
- Weight: 17 lbs. (7.7 kg)
- Head Size: 4in dia. x 4.5in h (102 mm x 114 mm)
- Size (closed position):
- Diameter Body: 4.6in (117 mm)
- Stowed Length: 33in (838 mm)
- Size (when deployed)
- Max Height: 95in (2,413 mm)
- Footprint: 36in (914 mm)
- Combination of Nylon 66 with glass fiber and 6061-T6 aluminum head
- Stainless steel telescoping tube
- Polycarbonate lens and diffuser
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery System
- External power:
- 12V DC
- 80 Watt (0.7 Amps at 115VAC)
- 80 Watt (6 Amps at 12VDC)
- Battery Life: 9 hours
- Fully recharges in 5 hours
- Operating Temperatures: 14°F (-10°C) to 300°F (149°C)
- Waterproof: 9.8 ft. (3 m)
- Impact Resistant: 3.3 ft. (1 m)
- Fire Resistant
- Yes - meets NFPA 1971-2007 Fire Resistant Requirements: 500F / 260C for 30 minutes