Perfect for first responders, Shelby’s Flex-Tuff HS Gloves provide excellent fire- and heat-resistant protection along with enhanced dexterity and comfort.
Co-developed by and for the Department of Homeland Security, Shelby’s Flex-Tuff HS Gloves effectively protect your hands from fire, heat, and related hazards. The NFPA compliant Flex-Tuff HS Gloves feature an innovative three layer design that provides an unparalleled barrier against heat and fire, as well as a secure, comfortable, and responsive fit.
The gloves’ outer shell consists of a 3.5 oz. black cow split upper and a DuPont Kevlar Simplex knit lower on the glove back, a DuPont Kevlar Simplex knit on the forchetts, and 3.5 oz. Koala Gold split cow on the palm with 3.5 oz. black Flexor grain cow on the index finger. HybridShield® Thermal Arrays are applied directly to the Kevlar knit to form a lightweight, fire-blocking interlayer to the glove’s underlying materials. Snag-resistant 3M reflective nail guards and reflective Crosstech® Glove Insert and Shelby #1 Glove in Fire® labels enhance visibility and safety when you’re wearing the gloves.
The middle shell is made of a GORE Crosstech® Film Technology Insert with three Thermal Protection Zones applied to the finger backs and back-of-hand compression areas. The Thermal Protection Zones offer 50% more protection than other barrier/thermal liner layups of equal or greater thickness can and continually protect your hands at a higher level.
The inner shell consists of a 6.0 oz./yd., 186 g/m Kevlar® and Lenzing non-woven Tech Fleece thermal lining with an 8.0 g/m2 web adhesive on the glove back and a 12.0 oz. cotton Simplex thermal lining on the glove front. Combined with the middle and outer shells, the gloves’ inner shell offers excellent TTP and radiant heat protection when you need it most.
The Flex-Tuff HS Gloves feature either wristlet cuffs (5293) or gauntlet cuffs (5294). The 3” long wristlet cuffs are made of double ply 10.5 oz./yd. Nomex® fabric. The cuffs include 4” long wrist pulls made of black cowhide that tapers from 2” to 1-1/4” wide. A carabineer loop at the end of each wrist pull extends 1/2” beyond the wristlet.
The gloves feature a multi-dimensional (2D & 3D) pattern that provides a relaxed 3D curved hand shape and enhances wearer dexterity and comfort. A G-Block™ wrist blocking system prevents unnecessary glove creep/shift and provides a secure, responsive fit.
Featuring three layers of fire- and heat-resistant materials in one pair of flexible, comfortable protective gloves, Shelby’s Flex-Tuff HS Fire Protection Gloves are ideal PPE for protecting your hands from intense heat and flames.
- Features a three-shell design:
- Outer shell: 3.5 oz. black split cow upper and DuPont Kevlar Simplex knit (which is a legacy fire resistant fabric) lower on glove back; DuPont Kevlar Simplex knit on forchetts; 3.5 oz. Koala Gold split cow on palm, with 3.5 oz. black Flexor grain cow on palm side of index finger
- Middle shell: GORE Crosstech® Film Technology Insert with three Thermal Protection Zones applied to finger backs and back-of-hand compression areas
- Inner shell: 6.0 oz./yd., 186 g/m Kevlar® and Lenzing non-woven Tech Fleece thermal lining with an 8.0 g/m2 web adhesive laminated to the fabric on glove back; 12.0 oz. cotton Simplex thermal lining on the glove front
- HybridShield® Thermal Arrays are applied directly to Kevlar knit and provide innovative fire-blocking interlayer to underlying materials
- Multi-dimensional outer glove shell improves hand flex and finger articulation and enhances wearer dexterity and comfort
- G-Block™ wrist blocking system prevents unnecessary glove creep/shift and provides a secure, responsive fit
- Easy donning and doffing in both wet and dry conditions
- Snag-resistant reflective nail guards and reflective labels enhance visibility and safety when wearing the gloves
- Available with Nomex® wristlet cuffs (5293) or gauntlet cuffs (5294)
- Gloves meet or exceed the requirements of the latest edition of the NFPA 1971 Standard