The addition of chronograph models represents a natural evolution of the Steel Colormark Series.
The rugged 44-mm stainless steel case is designed to stand up to extreme conditions. Its unidirectional ratcheting bezel and highly scratch-resistant tempered mineral glass crystal protect the chronograph dial, which displays elapsed time up to 12 hours. Its color-coordinated numerals, bezel markings and hands are hallmarks of the Luminox Colormark collections. The series has a screw-down crown and caseback ensuring water resistance to 200 meters and is available on a solid-link stainless steel bracelet or a signature polyurethane strap featuring the Luminox shield.
Luminox watches must undergo additional manufacturing steps
- Swiss Made
- Constant glow for up to 25 years in any light condition
- Size/Diameter: 44mm
- Water Resistance: 200 meters, 20 ATM, 660 feet, individually tested
- Movement: Ronda 5030.D
- Battery/Battery life: 395/ 54 months
- Case: 316L stainless steel or PVD Black
- Bezel: PC carbon reinforced, unidirectional turning bezel, at 12h fitted with colored tube with sapphire crystal
- Case back: 316L stainless steel or PVD Black
- Crystal: Mineral, especially hardened
- Crown: 316L stainless steel or PVD Black
- Height: 12.7mm
- Weight: 90g / 130g with bracelet
that other watches do not require. The Luminox self-powered illumination system must be installed into each and every watch. It is a costly and time consuming endeavor but it is what makes Luminox watches special. It is Luminox’s raison d’être.
The unique Luminox Light Technology ensure at-a-glance visibility
– in fact, the technology Luminox watches provide a constant glow 24/7, no matter what the conditions are, for up to 25 years. Most other watches use luminescent paint that has to be charged by a light source and fades very quickly, or a “push to light” system, where you push a button for battery-driven illumination.
Luminox uses a proprietary technology,
formerly reserved for the military, that makes Luminox watches literally stand out. Each Luminox watch features tiny gas lights (borosilicate glass capsules), which are always lit, on the hands, hour markers and when necessary, bezels. As a result, Luminox watches are always readable at a glance, no matter what the conditions are.
This ease of being able to read time effortlessly
seems to fill a need for various military and law enforcement groups. It is why the U.S. Navy SEALs Procurement officers asked Luminox to create dive watches for them for night missions. It is also why U.S. Air Force pilots flying the F-117 Nighthawk™ Stealth Jets asked the same of Luminox. These are only two of many groups of “heroes” that truly understand and appreciate the inherent benefit of wearing a Luminox timepiece.