Compact, high-flow, electric remote controlled water monitor (water cannon) for fire apparatus, ARFF, military, construction, and mining vehicles.
The Sidewinder EXM monitor is specially designed for severe duty cycles. Unique waterway swivel joints utilize stainless steel thrust rods, and axially aligned thrust bearings for unprecedented durability in mining, construction, and wildland firefighting applications. The monitor can be controlled by hardwired input devices via CAN bus J1939, or by an optional Radio Frequency (RF) device. The monitor may be powered with 12 or 24 volts.
EXM operating system is a "plug and play" digital communication and control architecture that simplifies installation while greatly expanding builder and user selectable options.
In addition to incorporating EXM, the Sidewinder has been further updated to employ Elkhart’s patented elliptical waterway and axially aligned thrust bearings for a 58% increase in flow efficiency, vs. the traditional Sidewinder, and 10 times greater durability.
- 700 GPM flow
- Sealed to NEMA 4
- Patented, elliptical waterway is Teflon impregnated, hard anodized aluminum alloy
- Programmable travel speeds, 3D travel limits, keep out zones, stow and oscillation
- Integrated water valve control
- Axially aligned thrust bearings
- Absolute position sensors
- Manual travel override
- Fully potted electronics
- Extreme torque motors
- High efficiency sealed planetary gearboxes
- Universal input voltage 11-27VDC
- Wired or wireless communication
- CAN bus J1939 compatible
- Single speed, two speed, or fully proportional speed control
- Programmable 3D Travel Limits, Keep-Out Zones, Travel Speeds, Stow Position, and Oscillation
- Integration water valve control
- Position display
||700 gpm (2650 lpm)
||500 psi (34.5 Bar)
||2.5" Male NHT
||V: -45° to +90°, H: L175° to R175°
||CAN bus J1939, 2.4 Ghz digital radio freq (unlicensed)