Petzl’s Swivel Open is a reliable gated swivel that prevents ropes and lanyards from twisting and tangling.
Due to its large opening, the Swivel Open can be attached to pulleys, lanyards, ropes, and other component systems to help reduce their bulk and weight. The Swivel Open solves twisting and tangling problems with ropes and lanyards in different situations. During hauling, the Swivel Open prevents rope twist when the load turns on itself, thus reducing kinking; it also avoids the risk of friction between ropes, which improves efficiency. During progression with a lanyard, the swivel avoids twisting and simplifies manipulations. Featuring maintenance-free sealed ball bearings, Petzl’s Swivel Open provides excellent performance and reliability whenever it’s used.
- Can be attached to a wide range of products (pulleys, lanyards, etc.) because of its large opening
- Reduces bulk and weight of component systems
- During hauling, prevents rope twist when the load turns on itself, thus reducing kinking
- During hauling, avoids the risk of friction between ropes, which improves efficiency
- During progression with a lanyard, avoids twisting and simplifies manipulations
- Maintenance-free sealed ball bearings enable excellent performance and reliability
- 3-year guarantee
- Weight: 130 g
- Breaking strength: 23 kN
- Materials: aluminum, nylon
- Colors: yellow/black
- NFPA 1983 Technical Use