Versatile and easy to use, Petzl’s STRIX IR Headlamp allows you to choose the right kind of illumination you need to successfully complete each mission.
Specifically created to meet military requirements for stealth missions, Petzl’s STRIX IR Headlamp offers exceptional versatility and intuitive use. This headlamp can discreetly integrate with all military equipment, including helmets and vests, or be worn on your head or around your neck. However it’s worn, the lamp's double rotation system allows great freedom for orienting the beam: 180° horizontally and 120° vertically. Three distinct lighting modes allow the STRIX to adapt to field operations and daily activities such as camping and training. Choose visible white lighting, visible color lighting, or infrared lighting to best serve the needs of each situation you encounter. Integrated regulation technology switches the lighting to reserve mode when the battery is almost depleted, guaranteeing that the headlamp’s performance will not diminish during its rated battery life. The STRIX IR Headlamp is resistant to falls of up to 2 m, impact, and crushing forces less than 80 kg; waterproof to -1 m for 30 minutes; and dustproof. Durable, versatile, and easy to use, Petzl’s STRIX IR Headlamp ensures that you can get the right amount of illumination right where you need it for the best view possible.
- STRIX IR can integrate with any military equipment, including helmets and vests
- Headlamp can be worn on your head or around your neck using the included headband
- Double rotation system provides a great range of angles for orienting the headlamp’s beam: 180° horizontally and 120° vertically
- Three lighting modes:
- Visible color lighting:
- Red: 1 lumen, 4-meter range, up to 20-hour runtime
- Green: 1.5 lumens, 4-meter range, up to 17-hour runtime
- Blue: 0.35 lumens, 2-meter range, up to 17-hour runtime
- Visible white lighting:
- Stealth mode: 0.40 lumens, 3-meter range, up to 65-hour runtime
- Close-range vision mode: 15 lumens, 20-meter range, up to 20-hour runtime
- Movement mode: 40 lumens, 40-meter range, up to 4-and-a-half-hour runtime
- Infrared lighting:
- Close-range vision mode: 20-hour runtime, 10 milliwatts of power
- Movement mode: 5-and-a-half-hour runtime, 25 milliwatts of power
- Blinking IFF “Identification Friend or Foe” mode: 40-hour runtime, 15 milliwatts of power
- Two independent pulse control knobs enable easy activation, switching, and deactivation of visible and infrared lighting, even when you’re wearing gloves
- STRIX IR offers excellent resistance to falls of up to 2 m (even at -30° C), impact, and crushing forces less than 80 kg
- STRIX IR is waterproof to -1 m for 30 minutes, and dustproof (IP67)
- Headlamp weighs 100 g without batteries
- Headlamp runs on one AA battery (included), and is compatible with AA NI-MH rechargeable batteries and Lithium batteries, which increase battery life by up to 2.5 times
The STRIX IR features three types of lighting modes that you can choose to best fit the needs of each mission you undertake. The visible white lighting mode features a stealth option (which emits a very narrow, low-intensity beam), a close-range vision option (which emits a wide beam and effectively balances lighting power with battery life), and a movement option (which emits a wide, maximum-intensity beam). The visible color lighting mode features red, green, and blue options, all of which provide comfortable close-range vision and vision for movement. The infrared lighting mode features a close-range vision option (which emits a wide beam and effectively balances lighting power with battery life), a movement option (which emits a wide, maximum-intensity beam), and a blinking IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) option.
On the STRIX IR, visible and infrared (IR) lighting are controlled by two independent knobs in order to prevent any risk of error. Manipulating the knobs with pulse control is simple and noiseless, even while wearing gloves. This allows you to access each lighting mode or turn off the headlamp quickly to limit the risk of being accidentally seen. The sequence of lighting modes moves from the most discreet to the least discreet. To enable quick movement between modes, only one of the three colors is directly accessible, though you can program what the standard color selection is.
Switching to infrared lighting instantly turns off visible lighting, and visible lighting cannot be reactivated until infrared lighting is deactivated. The infrared control knob is equipped with a visual and tactile indicator for the OFF position. The lighting modes and the OFF position can be locked to prevent any unwanted maneuver, while the "scan" function allows the user to instantly turn off the headlamp by releasing the knob.
Designed for discreet integration with all military equipment, the STRIX IR provides several mounting options. The headlamp can be mounted on a helmet that’s equipped with the ACH-ARC Ops Core system by using the integrated rail or by using the ADAPT STRIX helmet plate (included) on a helmet with no rails. An integrated MOLLE clip allows the headlamp to be mounted on a vest, while the included headband enables you to wear the STRIX IR on your head or around your neck.