CenCom Sapphire adds an integrated WeCan® serial port for connecting your Whelen WeCan series lightbar directly to the Amplifier Control Module. No more bulky wires and secondary boxes to contend with. Just plug in and go!
Indicator LEDs have been added to each output creating a simple way to troubleshoot shorted or broken connections in your vehicle's wiring.
Fuses and connections are easily accessible without having to use any tools or remove any covers. All high-current outputs are fused for your convenience.
New, heavy-duty power and output connectors can handle rough treatment without damage or accidental disengagement and are easily accessible on the front face of the Amplifier Control Module.
Configuration programming is easier than ever with newly redesigned CenCom Sapphire software. CenCom Sapphire retains the highly regarded simplicity of previous CenCom software, with new features and added flexibility; including the ability to configure your Whelen WeCan® lightbar!
General Electrical and Physical Data:
- Control your warning lights, siren and Traffic Advisor™ functions from a single keypad.
- Two models to choose from for compatibility with Traffic Advisors.
- CCSRN: operates Whelen 2-wire Traffic Advisors that do not require external controls. CCSRNT: operates Traffic Advisors that do require external controls.
- Solid-state outputs: one 40-Amp, two 20-Amp, four 10-Amp, and four 250 milliAmp.
- Relay output: one 10-Amp Dry Contact Relay.
- Lightbar: 1 Phoenix style connector for a WeCan series lightbar.
- Integrated Traffic Advisor connection on CCRSNT Series.
- Inputs: four positive or ground activated inputs, including a horn ring input.
- New models include input expansion module for an additional 8 positive or negative inputs (12 total).
- Easy to configure using the included CenCom Sapphire Windows application.
- Configured programs may be extracted, modified and stored for ease of service and reuse.
- A USB port on the Amplifier Control Module provides easy access for programming. The control head need not be connected for programming.
- Each button is individually customizable for numerous button types (Press on/Press off, momentary, etc).
- Control head back-lighting can be easily turned on or off for high visibility on patrol or blacked out for discrete night operations.
- Brightly back-lit push-buttons include standard function labels to choose from.
- Rugged, aluminum-housed Amplifier Control Module is field-serviceable with easy access to fuses and connections.
- Operates one or two 100-Watt siren speakers.
- PA microphone with plug-in connector and 20" microphone cable are included (except with hand held models).
- Includes all pigtails and connectors.
- Rugged CAT-5 cable connects the control head to the Amplifier Control Module.
- Five-year warranty.
- Meets or exceeds all applicable SAE, California Title XIII and NFPA requirements with various Whelen speakers.
- Input Voltage: 12.5VDC +/- 20% (negative ground only)
- Main Input Current: 80 Amps Max.
- Standby Current: 100NA
- Operating Temp: -30C to +60C
- Storage Temp: -40C to +70C
- Humidity: 99% (Noncondensing)
- Wail: 725 to 1600 Hz 12 cycles/min.
- Yelp: 725 to 1600 Hz 180 cycles/min.
- Piercer: 725 to 1600 Hz 800 cycles/min.
- Hi/Low: 550 to 650 Hz 60 cycles/min.
- Airhorn: Composite Constant
- Audio Bandwidth: @25 Watts, 300 to 10000 Hz +/- 3db
- Distortion: @25 Watts @1KHz, 1% Maximum
- Output Voltage: @15VDC @11ohms, 34Vrms Maximum
- Speaker Impedance: 5.5 Ohms Minimum
- Outlet #1: 40 Amps Max. (fused)
- Outlet #2: 20 Amps Max. (fused)
- Outlet #3: 20 Amps Max. (fused)
- Note: Total of Outlets 1, 2, 3 not to exceed 50 Amps.
- Outlet #4: 10 Amps Max. (fused)
- Outlet #5: 10 Amps Max. (fused)
- Outlet #6: 10 Amps Max. (fused)
- Outlet #7: 10 Amps Max. (fused)
- Outlet #8: 10 Amps Max. (fused)
- Note: Total of Outlets 4 - 8 not to exceed 50 Amps.
- Outlet #9: 0.25 Amps Max. (fused)
- Outlet #10: 0.25 Amps Max. (fused)
- Outlet #11: 0.25 Amps Max. (fused)
- Outlet #12 (horn relay): 0.25 Amps Max. (fused)