The original Zero Tolerance 0454 was an award-winning collaboration between ZT and custom knife designer Dmitry Sinkevich. But it was also a very Limited Edition knife.
To make this amazing knife more readily available, ZT has created a new-for-2015 version based on the original’s streamlined form and high-performance function. The 0452CF is the same size as the original 0454, but with a carbon fiber front scale and S35VN dual-finished blade. S35VN sharpens to a razor edge, holds it, and can be resharpened easily. The 0452CF opens as smooth as butter with the KVT ball-bearing opening system and built-in flipper. A titanium frame lock with hardened steel lockbar insert ensures solid lock up.
As a final touch of class, the 0452CF features handsome 5-spoke pivot hardware. From office to outdoors, the 0452CF is ready to go wherever you're ready to take it.
- Made in the USA
- Based on the award-winning 0454
- Manual open, KVT ball-bearing system
- Frame lock
- Reversible (left/right), deep-carry clip
- Steel: S35VN, stonewashed & satin finish
- Handle: Carbon fiber front, titanium back, stonewashed finish
- Blade length: 4.1 in. (10.4 cm)
- Closed length: 5.2 in. (13.2 cm)
- Overall length: 9.3 in. (23.6 cm)
- Weight: 4.6 oz. (130.4 g)
Crucible's S35VN modifies the formula of S30V for enhanced toughness and resistance to edge chipping with no loss of wear resistance. Its formula promotes the formation of niobium carbides along with the vanadium and chromium carbides. It provides a sharper, longer lasting edge.
KVT Opening System
- A manual opening system
- Enables smooth and easy one-handed opening of ZT's heavier blades, even without a spring or torsion bar
- Uses ball bearings to enable the blade to glide out of the handle
The KVT opening system is a manual opening system that enables smooth, easy blade opening without the use of a spring or torsion bar to "assist" the blade out of the handle. Instead, the KVT system uses a series of ball bearings that surround the pivot point of certain ZeroTolerance folding knives. As a knife user pulls back on the flipper blade protrusion or pushes outward on the thumbstud, the ball bearings rotate so that the blade glides out of the handle then locks into place, ready for use.
Carbon fiber is composed of carbon atoms bonded together to form a long chain; they are extremely strong and lightweight. These carbon fibers are woven together, then layered with epoxy and compressed under high pressure to create the carbon fiber sheet from which we make the handle.