Engineered with Sterling's durable Technora sheath, and high performance nylon cores, SafeTech is the ultimate escape rope.
SafeTech’s sheath is resistant to high heat, chemicals and cutting, while the core provides strength, gear compatibility and better elongation to reduce anchor loads. When combined with the Lightning Hook, the SafeTech Escape System creates a versatile, exceptionally easy-to-use system for rapid egress.
The Lightning Hook
- Heat Resistant sheath to 932 deg F
- Technora sheath offers the best heat resistance for repeated exposures to high temperatures
- Nylon core provides a small amount of elongation when a bailout is needed
- Designed to yield a firm hand to stay round over edges and work smoothly through gear
- Round construction is easy to handle and locate with gloved hands
- Technora provides the highest level of abrasion resistance compared to other high tenacity fibers
- Certified to NFPA 1983:2012
from Sterling Rope is an advanced anchoring option for emergency escape. Precision machined from 7000 series aluminum it provides secure remote anchoring through the hitching slot, or can be used as a hook anchor at the sill. Weighing less than 8 ounces, the Lightning minimizes the weight of the entire escape system. When paired with the F4 device and Sterling Escape Rope, it creates the most versatile firefighter escape system available. Made in the USA.