Field Service Kit for Styles 1722, 1723P, 1725, 1729, 4625
1. Remove the swivel gasket (8 or 9).
2. Remove the set screw (A) at the swivel end of the shut-off body (B). Depending on the age of the nozzle, it will require a 1⁄8” Allen wrench (for a 1⁄4-20 screw) or a 3⁄32” Allen wrench (for a 10-24 screw).
3. a) For Styles 1725, 1725P, 4625, 4626, 5225, 5227, 5235 and 5237 insert a square tool 11⁄16” square (for a 2 1⁄2” swivel adapter) into the grooves in the swivel adapter (D) and remove (counterclockwise).
b) For Styles 1722, 1722P, 1723P, 1729, 1729P, 4629, 4630, 5226, 5228, 5236 and 5238, insert a tool 13⁄16” square, (for 1 1⁄2” swivel adapter), into the grooves in the swivel adapter (C) and remove (counterclockwise).
4. Remove the O-Ring (7) from the inlet adapter (C or D).
5. Remove the seat and O-Ring (4 and 5) from the inlet adapter (C or D).
NOTE: Any plastic spacer ring(s) must remain in the swivel adapter recess under the seat and O-Ring
for proper reassembly.
6. Turn the handle (E) into the open position and remove the ball (6).
7. Mark the end of the trunnions (F) and handle so they can be reassembled in exactly the same position. (Use chalk, grease pencil. etc.).
8. Take the rivet supplied in the service parts kit and drive out the roll pins (3) securing the handle to the trunnions.
9. Push the trunnions into the shutoff body until they are free. Remove the handle and trunnions.
10. Remove the O-Rings (2) from the trunnions.
11. Remove the front seat and O-Ring (4 and 5). Depending on the age of the nozzle the seat may not have an O- Ring. The new seats must be installed with an O-Ring.
12. Remove the two set screws (H) on the turbine retaining ring (I) with a 3⁄32” or 7⁄64” Allen wrench.
13. Remove the turbine retaining ring (I).
14. Remove the turbine teeth (1)
NOTE: All O-Rings must be lubricated with O-Ring grease before assembly.
1. Install the new O-Rings (4) on the new seats (5).
2. Insert one new seat with O-Ring into the shutoff body (B).
3. Install the new O-Rings (2) on the trunnions (F).
4. Place the handle (E) over the trunnions holes with the “closed” lettering facing the inlet.
5. Install the trunnions from inside the shutoff body, using the marks (Disassembly Step 7) to position properly.
6. Install the new roll pins (3) to secure the handle to the trunnions.
7. Turn the handle into the closed position and insert the new ball (6).
8. Install the other new seat with O-Ring into the recess of the inlet adapter (C or D).
NOTE: To be placed above the fiber spacer rings if so equipped.
9. Install the new O-Ring (7) in the shutoff body recess.
10. With the handle in the closed position, thread the inlet adapter into the shutoff body. (Continue tightening until resistance is felt when opening and closing the shutoff.)
11. Install the new swivel gasket (8 or 9).
12. Install the new turbine teeth (1).
13. Line up screw holes with the holes in the nozzle body and place the turbine retaining ring (I) back into position.
14. Install and tighten the set screws (H) which secure the retaining ring.
15. Test the nozzle with water to determine if the shutoff functions properly. If a small leak is present, tighten the swivel adapter slightly to eliminate the leak.
16. Once the shutoff functions properly, observe the swivel adapter through the set screw hole in the shutoff body. If a full thread is visible, drill a slight recess for the set screw (for a 10-24 set screw, use a #25 drill bit; for a 1⁄4-20 use a 3⁄16” drill bit). Install and tighten the set screw (A).