Sterling’s FCX Self Rescue Device puts control in your hands to help ensure safe and effective escapes from rapidly worsening structural fires.
Made of precision-machined 7075-T6 aluminum, the FCX Self Rescue Device can be used with one of Sterling’s complete, certified escape systems or fully-customizable escape kits to form an effective personal rescue system. The FCX’s cam provides superior braking modulation and over-pull protection for a controlled descent; the spring-loaded handle enables you to have further control over your descent. The device’s click-to-neutral capability allows for quick, effective horizontal movement. The elevated side rails eliminate glove and sill interference. Certified to NFPA 1983 in specific escape systems, Sterling’s FCX Self Rescue Device is a highly effective tool to use to escape from dangerous structural fires.
- FCX can be used with one of Sterling’s complete, certified escape systems or fully-customizable escape kits to form an effective personal rescue system
- Cam provides superior braking modulation and over-pull protection for a controlled descent
- Spring-loaded handle stays out of the way until it’s needed; it enables you to have further control over your descent when in use
- Click-to-neutral capability allows for quick, effective horizontal movement
- Elevated side rails eliminate glove and sill interference
- FCX is certified to NFPA 1983 in the following escape systems:
- FCX FireTech2 Escape System with Lightning or Crosby Hook
- FCX SafeTech Escape System with Lightning or Crosby Hook (pending)
- $1 from the sale of each FCX goes to the Lt. Joseph P. DiBernando Memorial Foundation
- Made in the USA
- Weight: 7.8 oz
- MBS: 3,035 lbs / 13.5kN
- Rope Size: 7.5mm to 8mm
- Material: Precision-machined 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Color: Red
- Certification: NFPA 1983:2012 Edition, Escape
- The FCX Self Rescue Device is rated NFPA ESCAPE USE (E), MBS 13.5KN, FOR USE WITH NFPA 1983: FIRE ESCAPE CERTIFIED ESCAPE CLASS ROPES WITH A DIAMETER RANGE OF 7.5MM – 8MM ONLY
- Approved Ropes*:
- Sterling FireTech2™
- Sterling SafeTech™
*NOTICE: The FCX self rescue device is only certified with approved Sterling escape ropes. Use of any other rope voids warranty and liability.
Lt. Joseph P. DiBernando Memorial Foundation
The Lt. Joseph P. DiBernando Memorial Foundation was founded in honor of Joseph P. DiBernando, a FDNY firefighter who died as a result of injuries sustained in the Black Sunday tragedy. The foundation provides financial aid to fire departments to purchase personal life safety rope systems and send teams to firefighter survival training. In just under 3 years, the foundation has provided almost $100,000 in grants to fire departments across the country.
Read more about Lt. Joseph DiBernando here.