Model 8800 Evolution 2
J.W. Speaker Corporation is launching the industry’s FIRST 4" x 6" LED headlight that meets proposed National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) guidelines for a 5-Star NCAP-compliant low beam headlight. This new product, called the Model 8800 Evolution 2, includes both heated and nonheated versions featuring improved sealing, superior condensation management and a wider operating voltage, supporting DOT, ECE and military standards.
All Model 8800 Evolution 2 LED headlights comply with:
FMVSS 108 Table XIX, IEC IP69K, Buy America Standards
Rugged aluminum housing:
- Meets Proposed NHSTA 5-Star Safety Lighting Performance*: Light output and beam pattern meet NHSTA requirements under consideration for their highest vehicle-level safety rating; providing a potential "halo" effect when applied to a heavy duty truck, assuming this rating system could be applied in the future.
- "Intelligent" Heating System: Automatically de-ices headlight according to ambient temperature—no need for the driver to do anything—while consuming less power than a conventional halogen system. As a result, trucks can operate safely and continuously throughout the winter.
- Extreme Duty: Rugged design featuring LED technology operates effectively in harsh conditions—i.e. environmentally, electrically and mechanically—thereby assuring long life and lower life cycle cost.
- Plug & Play: Drop-in replacement for any 4" x 6" headlight, elevating truck lighting to NHSTA 5-Star compliance.
- Dealer Leverage: Opportunity for option up/down leveraging product line's high value ratio (function/cost); gives dealer tool for making sale depending on end customer's needs, where low price is NOT the main driver.
Tough, die-cast housing, with added protection from salt spray and an optimized heat sink for efficient thermal management.
Tough polycarbonate lens:
Anti-fog and hard-coated; abrasion and UV resistant.
Upgraded optics package:
Solid projector optics; additional compact projector optics for low beam increases light output with precise patterns that minimize glare for oncoming traffic.
Bright, white LEDs:
Optimal color temperature simulates day-time lighting for maximum visibility and to reduce driver fatigue.
Meets DOT and ECE beam pattern requirements; exceeds FMVSS 108 for low beam.
Includes transient, reverse-polarity, over-voltage and EMI protection.
Improved sealing and condensation management:
Proven OEM venting system; harness interface design assures robust sealing, regardless of whether the connector is engaged.
Intelligent heating system:
Thermally conductive grid system, encapsulated in lens, automatically responds with temperature changes to de-ice lens; can accelerate condensation dissipation as well.
Wide operating range:
Functions from -40°C to 65°C; 12/24V DC system operates in 10-32V DC.
Low power consumption:
Uses less current draw than halogen headlights.