This trim and molding removal tool is designed to expose hazards while preparing to extricate a victim from an auto accident.
The Strip and Peek Extrication Rescue Tool measures 10" long (the metal blade measures 5" and the handle measures 5") and weighs only 8.5 oz.
The Strip and Peek is designed to reveal potential hazards while preparing to extricate a victim from an auto accident. These hazards can include air bag canisters that have 3,000 P.S.I. to 10,000 P.S.I.; seatbelt pre-tensioners, positioned in the lower portion of the “B” post; wire looms that are connected to the air bags and pre-tensioner systems; and the brain box for the air bags (located under the seat, in the dashboard, in the center console, or in the lower front seat foot area).
You can also use the Strip and Peek to expose the super structure of the vehicle prior to cutting. Make sure that you've neutralized all potential hazards before performing a vehicle extrication with Ajax's Strip and Peek Extrication Rescue Tool.
- Measures approximately 10" long and weighs only 8.5 oz.
- Can expose the superstructure of a vehicle prior to cutting
- Can be used to reveal the following hazards before extrication
- Air Bag Canisters that have 3,000 P.S.I. to 10,000 P.S.I.
- Seat Belt Pre-Tensioners, positioned in the lower portion of the “B” post
- Wire Looms that are connected to the Air Bags and Pre-Tensioner Systems
- Expose the Super Structure of the vehicle prior to cutting
- Brain box for the Air Bags (located under seat, in dashboard, in center console, or in the lower front seat foot area)
Since 1946, Ajax Tool Works, Inc. has been recognized as one of America's finest quality manufacturers of hand and power tools. Ajax became a pioneer in the field of emergency extrication to meet the challenges in auto extrication, forcible entry, structural collapse, tunneling, confined space, trench rescue, mining collapses and other emergency situations where speed, portability, and dependability are needed most.
Ratings & Reviews
Good Rescue Tool
Great tool. Used this to complete my BVRT class during the practical portions. This tool works great to remove molding from the interior of vehicles to check for air bags and remove debris out of the way of the Hurst tool. I have confidence that this tool will perform just as well on a live accident scene. Great bang for your buck!
"Any instructions on how this tool is used?"
April, it's designed to remove the chrome trim around the windshield, remove the plastic trim on the inside of the car, it will expose the air bags before you go cutting, sawing etc. we don't see a instruction sheet.
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !