The LSP Half Back Vest combines a full body harness and head and back immobilizer into a rugged and versatile vertical extrication device.
The rugged and versatile LSP Half Back is a unique vertical extrication device that combines the capabilities of a full body harness with the ability to immobilize the patient if cervical/spinal trauma is suspected.
The LSP Half Back consists of two components: a rugged, padded full body harness and a removable aluminum back stay with a V-shaped padded head rest and a full standard head immobilizer. The vest's closed-cell foam interior molds to the shape of the body, providing comfort and more complete body immobilization.
The unique design of the Half Back allows for rapid immobilization and vertical extrication of a patient in a confined or elevated space, including but not limited to high rise buildings, storage tanks, ships, and automobiles.
- Rugged, padded full body harness is in high-visibility yellow with black straps
- Removable aluminum back stay allows the LSP Half Back to be used as an immobilization device or as a rescue harness
- Optional Vertical Lift Strap allows for quick vertical extrication of the patient
- Closed-cell foam interior molds to the shape of the body, providing comfort and more complete body immobilization
- Optional Helmet Immobilizer allows for treatment of helmeted victims
- Comes complete with a V-shaped padded head rest and a full standard head immobilizer
- Color: High-visibility yellow with black straps
- Weight of Vest: 7.5 lbs. (3.4 kg)
- Weight of Back Stay & Head Harness: 3.5 lbs. (1.6 kg)
- Dimensions Open: 34"L x 36"W | 86.4 cm x 91.4 cm
- Dimensions Closed: 34" long x 12" wide x 7" thick | 86.4 cm x 30.5 cm x 17.8 cm
- Jacket: 2-ply water-repellent 1,000 denier Cordura® nylon
- Minimum tensile strength of 557 lbs. (253.2 kg) for each ply
- Foam: 0.5"(12.7 mm) thick 2# non-absorbent closed-cell polyethylene
- Back Stay: 5" wide x 33.5" long x 3/16" thick | 12.7 cm x 85.1 cm x 4.8 mm
- 5052-H32 anodized aluminum alloy
- Straps: 2" | 5.1 cm wide black nylon webbing with a minimum 6,000 lbs. | 2,721.6 kg tensile strength
- Hardware: Forged alloy steel with a proof load of 2,500 lbs. | 1,134 kg; mil spec P5220441
- VELCRO® brand®: 0.75" | 19 mm and 2" | 5.1 cm black hook & loop
"How long is the LSP Half back good for I know our harnesses are good for 10 years then we have to buy new ones."
Chief, this is the response we received back from Allied Health Care; The Rescue vest has about a life expectancy of about 5 years. The foam can breakdown in high heat and over time and it all depends how it's used and how it stored and how much usage it has over the years but there is no shelf life on the labeling. Hope this answers your question.
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !