Designed to hold the straps of both the headlamp and goggles used in wildland firefighting.The Double Down is designed to secure both headlamp and goggle straps to Wildland firefighter helmets. The Double Down uses 3M adhesive clips that are made from a high-temperature thermo plastic and will attach to any wildland helmet. The Double Down keeps your headlamp and goggles where you put them, so they are there when you need them.
- Works with all helmets, goggle and headlamp systems
- Set of four strap retention clips
Tough: Built from a super-high-temp Thermoplastic that will withstand temps above 500°, and 3M™, VHB™, so it works as hard as you do.
Necessary: Superior 4-point Strap Retention System securely holds both the headlamp straps and goggle straps on the helmet. No more slipping, no more sliding.
Adaptable: Fits any Wildland helmet, works with goggles from companies like ESS™, and Revision™ and head lamps from companies like SureFire™, Pelican™, and Streamlight™.
- Visualize and thoroughly clean the area to apply Double Downs, making sure NOT to interfere with reflective stripes on helmet.
- Remove all adhesive backing and press firmly to surface of helmet, visualize that all portions of adhesive is in contact with helmet.
- IMPORTANT: The adhesive bond strengthens with time, so allow it to set for at least 12 hours prior to use. Will reach 100% adhesion in 72 hours.
- Avoid removal and re-attachment, this significantly reduces the adhesive ability of the Double Down.
"We are looking at using this product on construction hardhats to secure our night shift employees lights to their hardhats. Will the adhesive effect the hardhat material. We use the MSA brand hardhats. Thanks Gene Jones, Project Safety Manager."
Hi Gene. I checked with Blackjack and they said the product is definitely compatible with hardhats.
"Are 4 clips included in a pack or are they $10 each?"
This comes as a 4 piece system.
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !