The Defender Visor is a retractable visor system that stores between the impact cap and the shell of Cairns Traditional 1010 and 1044 Fire Helmets.The Defender Visor flips down for immediate protection during overhaul and extrication.
- NFPA 1971-2007 standard
- The smoked and mirrored visors are too dark to meet the requirements
- ANSI Z87.1
- All 4 visors meet the requirements
- Always available
- Easy to use
- Easy to store
- Optically Correct- eliminates peripheral distortion
- Easy to change
It is the original equipment visor supplied on all new Cairns Defender helmets for some very good reasons:
1. Tuffshield is significantly more heat resistant. Like the Hi-Temperature Bourke Eyeshields, the Tuffshield Defender visor is heat-resistant up to 500°. The other visors will start to melt at about 345°.
2. Tuffshield is a heavier grade material with more impact resistance. As the name implies, it’s just tougher.
3. The slight yellowish tint helps you see better, day or night. Like a pair of amber shooting glasses, they filter out harsh wavelengths and glare, improving contrast and revealing more detail under all lighting conditions—including looking at flames.
"Does this product come with a mount for the helmet because i didn't have a defender"
This will fit the 1010 and 1044 helmets only, and only if they were purchased with the Defender installed from Cairns when the helmet was new. If you have a 1010 or 1044 with out the defender you can purchase the up grade kit P/N 10077112, this will not fit any other helmets, just the 1010 or 1044 only.
"Is this visor eye pro with OSHA and NFPA, or is it secondary like the regular visor?"
We don't know what you are referring to by ""PRO"" the Carins MSA Defender exceeds the NFPA standard for eye protection with or without any other eye protection. Any helmet that has the full Face Shield, Goggles(NFPA) or the Defender meet the NFPA standard. Helmets with Flip Downs such as Bourkes do not meet NFPA.
"can this be installed to 1010? i just bought one and its only have the bourks shields"
you will need to purchase a complete replacement kit, that includes everything except the shell of the helmet. The short answer is no.
"Could this be installed on other brands of helmets i.e...Bullard"
Doug, sorry this is for the 1010 and 1044 helmets only (CARINS) No Bullard, Ben II, Lion, Paul Conway Cairns only, also no NY or Sam Houston helmets
"When I ordered the Cairns 1044 last month, I received the MSA version with their new impact cap defender system. Does this product fit the new msa defender impact cap or the corns system?"
Cairns and MSA are the same company. The replacement version of the defenders should fit in your 1044.
"just wondering does the defender shield come with hard ware to mount it? if not where do i get the hardware and how does it mount?"
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !