$108.59 - $147.59
List: $170.00 |Save: $22.41
Cairns Defender Replacement Visor
The Defender Visor is a retractable visor system that stores between the impact cap and the shell of Cairns Traditional 1010 and 1044 Fire Helmets.The Defender Visor flips down for immediate protection during overhaul and extrication.
- NFPA 1971-2007 standard
- The smoked and mirrored visors are too dark to meet the requirements
- ANSI Z87.1
- All 4 visors meet the requirements
- Always available
- Easy to use
- Easy to store
- Optically Correct- eliminates peripheral distortion
- Easy to change
It is the original equipment visor supplied on all new Cairns Defender helmets for some very good reasons:
1. Tuffshield is significantly more heat resistant. Like the Hi-Temperature Bourke Eyeshields, the Tuffshield Defender visor is heat-resistant up to 500°. The other visors will start to melt at about 345°.
2. Tuffshield is a heavier grade material with more impact resistance. As the name implies, it’s just tougher.
3. The slight yellowish tint helps you see better, day or night. Like a pair of amber shooting glasses, they filter out harsh wavelengths and glare, improving contrast and revealing more detail under all lighting conditions—including looking at flames.