CHANNELLOCK makes this the kindest cutter of all.This finely polished drop-forged, high-carbon steel tool has precision-mated Laser heat-treated cutting edges and handles designed to provide maximum leverage and a comfortable grip. It’ll slice through thick cables—up to 4/0 aluminum and 2/0 soft copper—with remarkable ease.
- Heavy-duty design, precision made of fine polished high carbon drop forged steel
- Carefully balanced with broader handles for better leverage and extra comfort
- Closely mated cutters are Laser heat-treated to hold their edge
- Cuts up to 4/0 aluminum and 2/0 soft copper
- Not designed for steel or ACSR cable
- Distinctive CHANNELLOCK BLUE® grips are designed for durability and comfort on the job
- Made to America’s Highest Standards in Meadville, Pennsylvania—“Tool City, USA.”
|Length||9 1/2 in|
|Jaw Length||1 7/16 in|
|Jaw Thickness||33/64 in|
|Jaw Width||11 5/8 in|
|Cutter Length||1 in|
The bright CHANNELLOCK BLUE™ Gripped tools are standard equipment in the tool belts, buckets and tool boxes of professional electricians, plumbers and mechanics all over the world. And they’re coveted by the first responders who carry them to the scene. This is quality they know they can count on, because any tool with CHANNELLOCK on it is made to the highest standards—just like the pliers made in Meadville, Pennsylvania since 1886.
CHANNELLOCK BLUE comfort grips are only for hand comfort and improved appearance. They are NOT recommended or warranted for dielectric properties.
Ratings & Reviews
Good size and Streamline
These cutters are great for use in the fire service. They can handle a good size gage wire and give you plenty of leverage with the long handles. The metal they are made out of is very cleanly cut and the whole tool is very well constructed. They can be slightly difficult to hold onto when wet and wearing gloves, along with needing to be opened pretty far to get the cutting mouth open sometimes straining your hand when wearing gloves. These two cons can easily be fixed with some tape wrap and some practice.
This purchase was a nobrainer. Every firefighter should have a pair. Multiple uses for this tool... firefighter rescue, basic cutting needs, car fires/MVCs, etc.
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !