DQE’s Kore Kooler® Rehab Chair effectively combats heat stress in firefighters and first responders by actively cooling their hands and forearms in water.
The Kore Kooler Rehab Chair lowers core body temperature through hand and forearm immersion in ambient temperature water. To use the chair, fill both reservoir bags with 50-86°F / 10-30°C water up to 1” (2.54 cm) from the top. Then insert your hands and entire forearms into the water. Heat moves through the blood vessels and skin in your hands and forearms into the cooler water; then the cooled blood returns to the heart and is pumped throughout the body. Agitate the water by moving your forearm slightly every minute or so to maximize the cooling effect. Keep your hands and forearms in the water for at least 20 minutes for maximum benefit. The Kore Kooler Chair is excellent for rehabbing during large-scale or long-duration incidents, hazardous material incidents, high-rise operations, training exercises, fires, and much more. Combined with resting and hydration, DQE’s Kore Kooler Rehab Chair allows firefighters and responders to lower the impact of heat stress on their health and safety.
- Seat Height: 16”
- Chair Weight: 11 lbs.
- Weight Limit: 300 lbs.
- Sling construction mimics a hammock to provide support and relaxation
- Head cushion is attached to the back of the chair for added comfort
- Patented forearms use reservoir bags filled with 50-86°F / 10-30°C water to fully immerse your hands and entire forearms
- Ambient water drains the heat from your blood vessels and skin so that cooled blood can return to the heart and be pumped throughout the body
- Agitate the water by moving your forearm slightly every minute or so to maximize the cooling effect
- 10 minutes of immersion are generally effective; 20 minutes of immersion provide the maximum benefits
- Chair comes with two reservoir bags and a vented carrying bag
When to Use the Kore Cooler Rehab Chair
- Large-scale incidents
- Long-duration incidents
- Incidents involving significant temperature extremes
- After the second cylinder use at an incident while working inside and wearing PPE
- Hazardous material incidents
- High-rise operations
- Confined space and below grade operations
- Training exercises
"Deployed width, height and depth."
The dimensions of the product when deployed are; Length - 29 IN Width - 30 IN Height - 40 IN
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !