Knock down the flames with the exclusive Vibram tread pattern – only available on LION by Thorogood boots.With an A-rating for slip, heat, oil, and chip resistance you are ready to stand your ground in all firefighting conditions. See what else the Knockdown Elite can do for you and your feet.
- Exclusive Vibram® FIRE & ICE ATS – All-Terrain Sole
- Non-Metallic Composite Safety Toe
- Reflective High-Visibility 3M™ Scotchlite™ Piping
- Abrasion Resisting Rubber Toe And Heel Protection
- Flexible Non-Metallic Puncture-Resisting Textile Insole Material
- Black Oil-Tanned Prime Waterproof, Flame, And Cut-Resisting Leather Upper
- Thorogood’s Exclusive Vibram® FIRE And ICE ATS – All-Terrain Sole
- Non-Metallic Composite Safety Toe Exceeds NFPA 1971-2013 Standard
- Reflective High-Visibility 3M™ Scotchlite™ Piping
- Stedair® Waterproof, Breathable Membrane
- Poron® XRD™ Ankle Protection
- Rugged Pull Straps
- Two Row Padded Leather Top
- Air Venting System
- Wrap-Around Shin Guard
- Steel Triple Ladder Shank
The Poron® XRD™ ankle lock system keeps ankle firmly in place plus a flexible padded instep and Achilles designed for comfort. Shaft vapor exhaust vents help keep feet cooler and drier by providing an air exchange with every step.
Knockdown Elite features LION by Thorogood’s Exclusive “Fire and Ice” ATS (All-Terrain Sole) with aggressive, multi-directional grooved lugs for exceptional traction on all surfaces, both cold and hot, on any terrain and in all weather conditions.
LION by Thorogood and Vibram® have teamed up to produce the Vibram® FIRE & ICE ATS All-Terrain Sole specifically to improve footing in all firefighting conditions. It utilizes a special rubber compound that maintains a superior grip year-round and will not freeze in winter. Wrap around side-wall lugs provide additional multi-angle traction at the edge of the foot. Veteran firefighters know how important this can be on pitched roofs, embankments and other inclined surfaces.
- Exclusive Vibram tread pattern is available only on LION by Thorogood boots
- High-heat Vibram compound provides lasting performance
- Aggressive, multi-directional grooved lugs provide exceptional traction on any terrain, in any conditions
- Unique sidewall lugs provide multi-angle grip on inclines and uneven ground
- Abrasion Resistance: A
- Oil Resistance: A
- Heat Resistance: A
- Chip Resistance: A
- Slip Resistance: A
- Perspiration Management
- Dependably Waterproof
- Protection from blood, body fluids and NFPA common chemicals
- Excellent thermal protection
- Outstanding comfort
- Easy care and decontamination
- Flexible non-metallic puncture-resisting textile insole material
- Provides more foot surface protection than conventional steel plates
- Offers unmatched flexibility for less strain on the foot when bending and kneeling
- Ultra-lightweight material reduces fatigue
- Keeps feet warmer than metal plates
- Meets or exceeds CSA Z195, ASTM 2413-11, EN ISO 12568:2010
CERTIFICATIONS: Meets or exceeds the requirements of NFPA 1971-2013 Standard on Protective Ensemble for Structural Fire Fighting 2013 Edition; NFPA 1992-2012 Standard on Liquid Splash-Protective Ensembles and Clothing for Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) Emergencies; ASTM F2413-11 M I/75/C/75 Composite Safety Toe, Electric Hazard Rated, Tested for and Meets CAN/CSA-Z195 18,000 Volts Electric Shock Resistance, UL Certified.
Ratings & Reviews
Thorogood Bunker Boot
I'm very pleased with this item.
Thorogood 14"" knockdown elite boots
These boots exceeded my expectation and are far better than my old rubber boots. They were a little stiff when new but wear in nice and are very comfortable. The siping on the soles is nice and provides great grip. I highly recommend these boots and will definitely be buying another pair when these wear out!
Not a bad boot
I liked this boot with our recent tests. But it was heavier and less confortable than my favorite pair. Also, I was surprised to see that for a boot of this price the liner wasn't even a Crosstech.
Feels like a custom fit
Love these boots. Foot locks into boot for a snug fit. Awesome support and protection all around. Great side tread for crawling. They do loosen up after they are broke in, so don't let a slightly tight fit around the foot and ankle scare you. Comfortable liner that doesn't detach and fall down like many other boots that the guys have. Very comfortable boot all around!
"Is this boot also certified for proximity firefighting?"
Hi Andrew, I checked with Thorogood and here is their response: ""It is certified to NFPA 1971 and NFPA 1992. It is not technically a ""Proximity"" boot.""
"Does the sizing generally run big or small? I have a pain of 13.5 W rubber boots that fit perfectly, but I normally wear size 14 shoes. I am nervous purchasing a pair of boots without trying them on."
Hi Greg. Thorogood recommends you order a half size up. So if you normally wear a size 11 shoe, order an 11.5 boot.
"How much does it weigh?"
The boots are running anywhere from 4.5 Lbs. to 5.5 Lbs. pending on the size will also need to considered.
"Is this boot streamlined and lightweight??"
Sean, good morning, I wouldn't say they were lightweight, about 5.5 lbs. depending on the size, they have tried to make them more comfortable to wear, and they still meet NFPA 1971-2013 standards
"I see you said to order a one size bigger the what I normally wear (example I wear a size 13 you said order a size 13.5). Now what if I do so and the boot is to big what happens? Can I return it for the right size?"
Yes you can return them for a different size, as long as they don't show any wearing them on the outside, or any marks / signs of being worn. Sole cant have any dirt or anything on them
"Is there a version for women? I want to order the correct size and have ordered boots through this maker in the past."
Wina, use this part number 504-6389-XXX with your size and width, this tells them it's a women's model boot. the ""504"" indicates that it is a women's boot, where as a ""804"" is for the men's boot.
"I have purchased a pair of Thorogood Men's 14"" Power HV Bunker Boots and they fit good but after a few fires they started to feel really uncontrollable in toe's. I am looking into buy the Thorogood: 14 Knockdown Elite structural bunker boot. But I am hesitant that it will happen again. Also I wanted to see if you have any store programs where I can trad in my old boots and pay the differences in the boots."
First Moises there are no trade-ins, ok, how old are these boots that you say your having a problem with the toe? Maybe if there is a problem with them Thorogood should see them (this will depend on how old they were) The boot has a safety composite toe, there has to be a reason behind this, you don't want to purchase another pair of boots and have the same problem.
"What is your return policy?"
Jacob, on our home web page at the bottom you will see ""Customer Care"" under that heading you will find a listing for our return policy, open that up for our return policy, any questions about the policy you can call customer service @ 800.852.6088
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !