90% of structural fire fatalities are caused by smoke inhalation…after only 2 minutes of exposure.
The MSA S-CAP offers anyone a way out.
Most victims of fire are not injured by heat or flames but by smoke and gases, especially carbon monoxide. The S-CAP Fire Escape Hood is a breathing device which filters and processes ambient air to provide at least 15 minutes for an able person to find their way to safety.
- Simple to don, easy to use…effective in seconds.
- Oil resistant, multi-purpose P2 filter removes 94% of particulate matter at 95 Ipm (similar to N95).
- Converts deadly Carbon Monoxide gas to non-toxic CO2.
- Hood has a nose cup for a sure seal and an exhalation valve to reduce CO2 concentration.
- Provides 15 minutes or more time for self rescue.
- Large, clear protective lens provides a wide field of view for the best possible visibility in dark and smokey environments.
- High-visibility yellow color increases chances of being seen by rescuers.
- Universal-sized hood goes on easily and seals effectively on any adult. It even accommodates long hair and eyeglasses.
- An ideal emergency device for:
- RETIREMENT AND NURSING HOMES
- And any place with large groups of people
Features and Benefits:
- Highly visible yellow hood
- Head harness adjusts from the outside of the hood
- Nose cup fits a wide variety of head and face sizes and is directly connected to a multipurpose filter
- Cotton neck seal for comfort and easy donning
- Wide field of view lens
- Heat-resistant against brief flame contact and elevated temperatures
- Nose cup and exhalation valve to reduce the CO2 concentration and enhance respiratory comfort
- P2 Filter -filters 94% at 95 lpm (similar to N95) and is oil-resistant
- Protects against smoke, carbon monoxide, acrolein, hydrogen chloride, hydrogen cyanide, and sulfur dioxide
- Designed for a minimum rated service time of 15 minutes
- Meets European Standard EN 403:2004 (In the absence of a current NIOSH standard for CO/fire escape devices)
- Proven Hopcalite filter technology is currently used by coal miners (MSA W65 Self-Rescuer Respirator)
Two Convenient Packaging & Storage Options:
- Cardboard Box packaging option contains one foil bag and donning instructions
- Plastic Wall-mount Container storage option contains one hood in a foil bag and donning instructions
Both packages include one S-CAP Fire Escape Hood stored in a protective, vacuum-sealed aluminized foil bag. The filter is not activated until the bag is opened prior to donning.
- Hood Material: Coated PVC
- Neck Seal: Cotton
- Lens: PET
- Inner Mask: NR natural rubber, gray
- Filter: Multi-purpose Hopcalite filter [effective against CO, gases from fire and particles P2]
- Weight: 1.2 lb. (ready to use)
- Size: Adult universal
- Service Time: Minimum 15 minutes
- Breathing Resistance: Inhalation resistance approx. 1.2 mbar, Exhalation resistance approx. 0.5 mbar
- Protection Range: Numerous contaminants as toxic and eye-irritating fire, smoke, and gasses released by combustion; including carbon monoxide, acrolein, hydrogen chloride, hydrogen cyanide, sulfur dioxide; and particles of harmful substances
- Storage Life: Maintenance-free for 4 years. Up to 10 years with simple testing: visual inspection and weight check of foil bag at 4-year intervals
- Approvals: EN 403:2004 (European Standard for Fire Escape Hood Filtering Devices)
Choose a Storage Option:
- Cardboard Box: 11"H x 6"W x 4.5"D
- Wall-mount Container: 11"H x 6"W x 5"D