Announcing the End of the Burn Room Hot-Head!
- UL Certified to NFPA 1971 Edition Standards for PPE
- A TFS Exclusive from Majestic Fire Apparel
- Advanced protection from extreme heat and flames
- Sheds molten metal, or electric arcing
- Black top and gray bottom
- Improved mask seal and less chance of exposed skin
- An added layer of Ultra C6 Carbon Fabric at the head provides advanced protection on top of the 2-ply FR Rayon/Kevlar Blend
Put yourself in the Burn Room with a bunch of trainees. They may be floundering in the extreme heat and low visibility…but you have to keep your cool…for more than a few intense minutes. The instructor needs extra protection. With a TPP over 50, the extraordinary new PAC II 3-Ply Instructor’s Hood delivers.
An added layer of Ultra C6 Carbon Fabric at the head. Provides advanced protection where it’s needed most. The entire head of this special 2-ply FR Rayon/Kevlar Blend hood is covered with a third outer layer of Majestic’s new Ultra C6 black carbon material—an advanced carbon tri-blend fabric engineered to address the most demanding concerns and needs of the safety world.
Proven PAC II two-piece design for better coverage and comfort. The Instructor’s Hood is built on Majestic’s excellent three-ply PAC II Hood—one of the most popular PPE hoods available.
- Unsurpassed flame and heat protection at the head from an outer layer of Ultra C6 black carbon material
- Ultra C6 fiber’s inherent properties provide excellent protection against extreme radiant heat as well as intense heat from electric arc
- Ultra C6 fiber demonstrates a special ability to shed molten metal
- Two full layers of soft, 80% FR Rayon / 20% Black Kevlar blend provides comfort against the skin and exceptional thermal insulation
- Inherent moisture management properties for excellent moisture-wicking and breathability; reduced risk of heat stress
- Universal size two-piece design with notched shoulder insert—one size fits all.
- All seams merrow stitched, then covered top and bottom with a 5-thread cover stitch for extended durability
- 100% Nomex thread
- Stitching color contrasts with hood color, enabling easy advanced inspection of thread stitching
- Machine washable with regular detergent
- UL Certified: Meets or exceeds NFPA 1971 Edition Standards for PPE
- Meets or exceeds Cal/OSHA Standards.
- 21-inch length
- 100% Nomex thread
- 80% FR Rayon/20% Black Kevlar material
- 8 oz. weight
Ratings & Reviews
I am a live fire instructor and in the burn building a lot. I have never worn a hood as great as this one.
Best Hood Ive Owned
Best hood I've ever used. Used hood that was issued by my department, ended up blistering my ears and neck in a hot fire. Purchased this hood because of the high TPP rating and couldnt ask for a better product. Been using it for about 2 years now and still works as good as it did when I bought it. Keeps the heat away and protects the way it should.
I spend a lot of time as a live fire instructor. I have burned in numerous buildings and under all types of extreme heat conditions. I have been using the same hood for over two years and it has performed as advertised. It is finally starting to wear enough that I am replacing it. Great hood.
This is a great hood for use during live fire training. Conducting live fire drills through-out the day can break down the material. This hood has held up well.
Decent hood but does not hold up to an live burn instructor
I am a live burn instructor i bought this hood especially for that today it went into its third burn and it pretty much failed. I bought this hood looking for better protection and i didn't get it it's no better than an average nomex hood
Excellent Hood For A Suppresion Instructor
As a State suppression instructor I spend most of my fall and spring weekends in a burn building at different locations. This is an excellent product that not only protects you but is also very comfortable to wear. I own four of these hoods which I rotate. They wash well and keep their shape. It would be good if more color choices were available but I do like the two tone design.