Triage Tag, 8" x 4" (Pack of 50)
Pack of 50.
- Enables first responders to promptly and accurately assess victims of a Mass Casualty Incident
- Used extensively by U.S. military units, fire and EMT personnel, as well as a large number of state and local response agencies
- Constructed of a high-density damage resistant synthetic material and used in the harshest of environments. Resists fire, water, sunlight, chemical irritants, and tearing
- Equipped with a 30” elastic band to attach to a victim’s body
- Each tag coded with a unique sequential bar code serial number to identify the victim and their belongings
- By utilizing standard graphic symbols, the MT-137 is a universal tool, presenting no language or literacy barriers and can be used in the field by anyone of any nationality with minimal training or hands on experience
The MT-137 is used extensively by U.S. military units, fire and EMT personnel, as well as a large number of federal, state and local response agencies, including the Department of Defense, Department of Corrections, and state and local Emergency Management Agencies and Operations Centers.
In the event of a Mass Casualty Incident (MCI), where multiple victims are injured and require varying degrees of medical attention, it is absolutely imperative that first responders have a quick, easy, and reliable method of assessing victims and assigning them with an appropriate triage or priority status, based on the severity of their injuries. The MT-137 Triage Tag has been tested and proven for over 40 years to provide this method.
The Original MT-137 Medical Emergency Triage Tag is constructed of a high-density damage resistant synthetic material, and is printed using a special thermal printing process, allowing use in the harshest and most demanding field situations. Additionally, each Medical Emergency Triage Tag is equipped with a 30-inch elastic band, which is used for attaching the tag to the victim’s body, usually around the neck or to an available limb.
Each MT-137 is coded with a unique sequential barcode serial number, which aids in the identification and tracking of victims and their belongings through the various phases of the triage and treatment processes, both in the field, as well as into the receiving hospital emergency care facilities. These unique serial numbers are conveniently located on both the top right and top left diagonal tear-offs, as well as on the lower color-coded tear-offs.
By utilizing standard graphic symbols and a four-color tear-off triaging system, the Standard Medical Emergency Field Triage tag (MT-137) is truly a universal tool, in that it presents no language or literacy barriers, and can be used in the field by anyone, of any nationality, with minimal training or hands-on experience.
A policy of using METTAG products in day-to-day emergencies will automatically establish familiarity and provide faster and more effective victim triaging in the event of an actual MCI or other emergency.
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !