NRS Utility Gloves deliver an excellent combination of durability, warmth and dexterity.They're a great choice for rescue work and for the boater who wants maximum palm protection.
- 2 mm Terraprene neoprene provides excellent warmth for cool to cold conditions.
- Amara® synthetic leather armor patches on the palm and fingers provide unmatched protection and grip for paddling, rowing and rope handling.
- A fitted, stretchy slip-on wrist cuff makes the glove easy to put on and take off.
- Pairing snaps on the wrists help keep the gloves together.
- Material: 2 mm neoprene
- Seams: Single needle with high tenacity thread
- Palm material: Amara® synthetic leather palm
- Wrist Closure: Fitted cuffs
- Gender sizing: Men
- Wrist pairing snaps
The raw material in Terraprene is limestone rock. Yes, rock. Sounds crazy, but it’s true. Limestone is very common, making up some 10% of the world’s sedimentary rock formations. The manufacturing process uses limestone’s primary component, calcium carbonate, CaCO3.
In addition to saving an increasingly sought-after, fought-over and limited natural resource, oil, the Terraprene-processed ‘neoprene’ has some other very desirable features and benefits:
- More cells, or tiny bubbles, are formed in the material. It’s these cells, filled with inert nitrogen gas, that create neoprene’s insulating property. More cells equal more insulation, more warmth. And the material is more buoyant, giving you more flotation.
- It keeps you warmer, because it has thicker cell walls that reduce the compression of the material as you move, sit on it, etc. The thicker walls also help prevent loss of the inert nitrogen gas.
- It’s lighter and stretches more than the oil-based material. The weight savings and increased stretch give you more wearing comfort and mobility.
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !