Wildland warriors having been depending on Smith Indian Fire Pumps on the Fireline for over 80 years.Wildland warriors having been depending on Smith Indian fire pumps on the Fireline for over 80 years. This 5 gallon galvanized or stainless steel tank is outfitted with premium Smith all-brass pump for years of bind free use and is perfect for forest, grass brush and rubbish fires.
The lumbar support built into the kidney shaped tank provides support for greater comfort and balance, keeping the focus on putting out fires, not on back or shoulder pain associated with lugging around heavy loads. A removable 1.75" heavy duty polypropylene shoulder strap has a sliding clip on strap that allows the pump to be secured leaving the hands free.
The dual nozzle changes quickly from stream to spray without tools and the bottom discharge tank uses a reinforced brass outlet for greater strength. A filter screen located inside tank at the outlet prevents clogging from leaves or other debris and a tank cap is ventilated and uses a cam lock design with a watertight gasket for positive closure.
Available in stainless or galvanized steel with a brass pump.
All Smith Indian fire tank pumps are proudly MADE in the USA.
- Galvanized or stainless steel tanks outfitted with premium Smith all-brass pump
- Pump will provide years of bind free use and you can count on it in an emergency
- Lumbar support built into back with air vent holes for comfort
- Dual nozzle changes quickly from stream to spray without tools
- Available in 5 gallon galvanized or stainless steel with a brass pump
- Truck carry rack and tank/pump service kit available separately
- MADE in the USA
- Dimensions: 19" x 16.25" x 10"
- 10 lbs stainless
- 11 lbs galvanized
- Large 4" filler opening for easy filling and cleanout
- Carrying handle located at top of tank has clips for storing pump
- Slide pump fabricated from seamless brass cylinders
- A guide bushing on the inner cylinder allows for bind free operation
- Combination nozzle allows for operator to change from a straight stream to a cone spray quickly and easily without any special tools
- Nozzle secures to pump with beaded chain
- Pump can be disassembled by hand for complete in field maintenance
"do you stock spare parts for 5gal pump?, can you email me an diagram so that i can id the part numbers i need thanks, bob merriam"
We do not stock these, we are sending you the web page for these, with pictures of the replacement parts; http://store.thefountainheadgroup.com/Indian-Fire-Pumps/C1011_1/ This will take you to the Indian tank replacement parts.
"How did this product get the name ""Indian""? I use these ""Indian"" tanks for grassfire control and as a Native American I feel this is a derogatory name."
Sorry Mark we haven't a clue how that came about.
"Is there a training video for use? It's for my Juvenile Work Project program."
Hi Adam, sorry there is no video that we are aware of.This is a pretty simple tool to use you carry it on your back with the straps that are attached to the tank, fill it on the top of the tank, make sure you don't have anything in the tip/nozzle like dirt, and you slide the pump back and forth you should have a 8 to 10 foot spray of water. There should be a dual nozzle tip that you can change from a straight stream to a double stream, that will come with the pump, it is field changeable.
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !