Super bright, can be operated easily with gloves and is encased in a virtually indestructible nylon polymer housing.
Streamlight’s first compact right-angle nylon polymer fire/rescue/tactical/utility light is an instant winner. Compare the look, feel, and performance of this exceptional little light with any other in its class…and a lot of much larger and heavier right angle firefighting lights. Then compare cost. We think you’ll be mightily impressed.
It offers a comfortable, sure grip for any size hand, and convenient operation for fire, rescue, tactical or practically any use.
- Advanced C4® LED technology impervious to shock, with a 50,000 hour lifetime
- Choose from 3 lighting modes:
- High – 170 Lumens, 7000 candela peak beam intensity, 3.75 hours runtime
- Low – 17 Lumens, 700 candela peak beam intensity, 30 hours runtime
- Strobe – 6 hours runtime
- 90° head in fixed position with gasket sealed glass lens
- Textured parabolic reflector produces a smooth beam hotspot
- Optimum peripheral illumination to aid in navigation
- Integrated carabineer style D-ring for a variety of attachment methods.
- Can clip onto a turn-out gear, ACH or onto Streamlight’s elastic head strap for a headlamp
- Optional Gear Keeper® system for attaching the light to turnout gear or other clothing or equipment
- Gear Keeper® features a retractable attachment system with a high-strength nylon tether with a 36" extension and 6 oz. of retraction force
- Fully rotatable/reversible/removable clip to allow a variety of mounting positions LED Solid State Power Regulation provides maximum light output throughout battery life
- Provides an extra hour or more of useful diminishing light to the ANSI spec 10% output level, for navigation, back-up, and non-critical situations
- Two 3 Volt "CR 123A" lithium batteries with a shelf life of ten years
- Head mounted push button switch provides one handed momentary or constant on operation
- Fast double click from off to activate Strobe mode; fast triple click from off to activate Low mode
- Super tough high-impact nylon polymer body provides exceptional durability and a sure grip
- One meter impact resistance tested
- IPX7 rated design; waterproof to one meter for 30 minutes
- Individually serialized for positive identification
- Meets requirements of NFPA 1971-8.6 (2007)
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Just over 5” long, and 4 oz., the powerful PolyTac 90 produces a smoke-cutting central beam with optimum peripheral illumination for easier navigation and improved situational awareness. On Low it provides a very useful 15 lumens of light for up to 30 hours of continuous runtime. Plus it can produce a visible life-saving warning signal in strobe mode.
This versatile, virtually indestructible right-angle flashlight offers all the durability and simple operation of the popular PolyTac LED handheld Tactical Light on which it is based.
At just over 5” long and 4 oz. in weight with a rotating, reversible, removable clip and integrated D-ring it’s very easy to carry and position for maximum effectiveness. The head mounted push button switch provides one-handed momentary or constant “on” operation and quick selection of lighting mode. The high-impact nylon polymer body, lens, and LED lighting unit are built to take the heat… or hard professional use.
The C4 LED will never need replacing--it’s guaranteed not to break or burn out over its 50,000 hour operating life. This is truly a light you can depend on in any situation; backed by Streamlight’s No-Fault Lifetime Warranty.
- CASE MATERIAL: High impact super tough nylon polymer for exceptional durability and a sure grip.
- Height: 5.22 in. (13.3 cm)
- Head Diameter: 1.25 in. (3.18 cm)
- Body Diameter: 1.00 in. (2.54 cm)
- WEIGHT: 4.1 oz. (116 grams) with batteries (included in purchase)
- LENS: O-ring sealed Borofloat glass lens.
- LIGHT SOURCE: C4 LED technology, impervious to shock with a 50,000 hour lifetime.
- High for maximum illumination: 500 lumens; 6,800 candela; 165m beam distance
- Low for extended run time: 40 lumens; 600 candela; 49m beam distance
- Strobe for signaling or disorienting: Runs 3.25 hours (CR123A batteries); runs 4.5 hours (18650 battery)
- RUN TIME:
- High: 2.75 hours (CR123A batteries); 3.25 hours (18650 battery)
- Low: 30 hours (either battery type)
- Strobe: 3.25 hours (CR123A batteries); 4.5 hours (18650 battery)
- Head mounted push button switch provides one handed momentary or constant “on” operation
- Fast double click from "off" to activate Strobe mode
- Fast triple clip from "off" to activate Low mode
- BATTERIES: (2) CR123A lithium batteries
- Meets requirements of NFPA 1971-8.6 (2007)
- Meets applicable European Community Directives
Streamlight warrants this product to be free of defects for a lifetime of use except for batteries and bulbs, abuse and normal wear. We will repair, replace or refund the purchase price of this product should we determine it to be defective. This limited lifetime warranty also excludes rechargeable batteries, chargers, switches and electronics which have a 2 year warranty with proof of purchase.
THIS IS THE ONLY WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED EXCEPT WHERE SUCH LIMITATION IS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
You may have other specific legal rights which vary by jurisdiction.
Lithium Battery Safety Warning Information: Streamlight recommends the use of Streamlight, Panasonic, Sanyo, Energizer CR123A or Duracell 123 with its non-rechargeable lithium battery products. Use of other batteries or mixing of used and new or different brand batteries may present a risk of leakage, fire, explosion and serious personal injury.
Do not recharge, misuse, short circuit, improperly store or discard, disassemble or heat above 212° F (100° C). Keep away from children.
Ratings & Reviews
Does the job
I have one on my helmet and one on my radio strap. These lights are near perfect for forward facing lighting. The only down sides are batteries too expensive, the switch can be accidentally turned on - occasionally- and to click the low beam on (most useful light choice it has) you have to click the switch pretty darn quick. All in all a good purchase and I'm happy with it.
Great light, very bright
I use this light either on my bunker gear, clipped to my jacket, or on EMS calls, clipped to EMS pants. It's bright, compact, and ruged enugh to take a beating. I would like it to be easier to switch to the low power beam from high power, and also less expensive batteries, but otherwise, I really like this light.
Save your money on this flashlight
I do not recommend this for a firefighters means of life or death light penetration. Buy the Streamlight: Survivor LED Model instead!!! Much, much better!!!
Fantastic lil light
I love this small flashlight! I use this light with my grass gear and I bought a second one for EMS use. It's as bright as my Survivor angle head light but much better suited for night time grass fires and EMS work. I wouldn't use it for structure gear too small to manipulate while wearing structure gloves! I've had no problem with failures or battery life. My first one I've had about three years and the second one approx one year. I've only replaced the battery one time on my original light! I would have given it 5 stars, but I don't like the attachment clip. It's easily opened during firefighting operations making it easy to lose.
Very bright, sturdy light
Excellent, bright light. Fits right on to my radio strap. Only downfall are the batteries....just expensive. Wish they ran off of AA...but that's not a show stopper.
Good Light When You Need It.
This would not suit you well if you are looking for something to put on your helmet. That isn't it's purpose. Use on my radio strap, mainly during EMS calls. Worth it weight in gold in dim lit rooms. Wish they could make some type of rechargealbe system. Have had mine a little over 5 months, use it every day, and haven't had to change the battery yet. Recieved as a gift, probably wouldn't purchase unless the price was a little lower.
Small & Bright
It's very bright and light weight. But switching to Strobe & Dim takes some practice and isn't easy.
Perfect little light!
Small and powerful little light. I have it clipt onto my leather radio strap and use it primarily on non fire calls. It is light enough that it is almost unnoticeable.
As a career firefighter I bought this as a backup to a right angle light. I have replaced the batteries at least 4 times in a few months. I also had the light sent back to the factory because it kept dying and they sent it back ""repaired"". However, the light continues to have the same issue. I would not recommend this light because of its unreliability.
Great Little light !
I mounted the light on my turn out coat in place of the large flashlights that we keep on the trucks. Used it at a structure fire the other night and it worked great,plenty of light from a small light weight package. It did not interfere with my harness on the scba.
Not a good light!
First off this light is SMALL! I thought it would be like a right angle light similar to the size of the ones I had in the Army. My bad for not checking the dimensions. But as some say size does not matter. Well here it does. not many places to hang it on. It would work perfect on a radio strap, that's all though. Long story short though. had the light for approx 2 months. It's broken. Bought new batteries still INOP. Fell from chest height onto dirt and it is broken. So do what you will this is best suited for non harsh environments. That is all.
Streamlight: PolyTac 90 = worth the coin
I bought this light after it was recommended by another firefighter. Small, lightweight, extremely powerful and different attachment options make it versatile and easy to use in different configurations. The only downside is it goes through batteries quicker than I guessed, but it's still easily worth the purchase.
Insanely Bright and Compact!
This light was much smaller than I expected and was also much brighter. I would compare the brightness level to that of the polytac HP. The flash mode was a nice plus aswell.
red not orange
Works great. Small and versatile. Purchased orange but, the orange is actually red.
This flashlight was good for about a month. It quit working within weeks and all it does now is just barely flickers when I try to turn it on. Unfortunately I deleted my email receipt and now I can't return it.
Fantastic little light!!
I love this little light and would buy a 100 more! It's very bright, very well constructed, and slides right on my radio strap. It's the perfect little light for anything from technical rescue in tight quarters, to changing the oil in your vehicle. Would definitely recommend getting your hands on this product!
Small Package, BIG punch
I keep this light on my helmet in the streamlight rubber strap. Illuminates areas excellent. Very rugged, can take a drop with no problem and has been in heat up to 1200__F. Get the 12 pack of batteries as this light eats them, I keep the pack on my gear rack.
Great Product for public servants on a budget
great product for people on a budget in the public service field. good to light up work areas. Ive used it for 360 on structure fires and cars accidents on the highway in the rain
Not reliable and eats batteries
My department purchased 60 of these to reduce our overall profile. Since putting them in service appox. 10 don't work, even with new batteries and the rest eat batteries.
Awesome light, very versatile.
This light is rugged and lasts. Attaches great to turn out gear and radio straps. Well worth the price.
"Does the Poly Tac 90 flashlight have replacable batteries for when the batteries are depleted? Thanks"
Yes, the Polytac 90 uses CR123 lithium batteries.
"Hey, can i use that light with 18650 or rechargable cr123 batterys?"
this is the batteries CR123 lithium batteries, nothing else, NO RECHARGEABLE BGATTERY
"Why does this item not come with an option to use or purchase rechargeable batteries? All of the other Streamlight right angle lights give you the option of purchasing either replaceable batteries or buying the light that comes with a changing station and is rechargeable. What and why is this flashlight any different from Streamlight's other products? Thanks."
Chad we sent your question to Streamlight this is their reply back to us; The other lights are rechargeable, and therefore we can design the rechargeable battery to meet alkaline battery configurations. The Polytac 90 is not. Streamlight does not support the use of batteries other than those specifically listed in the instructions. Normally the lamps and current regulators are designed for a specific type of battery, and using other batteries often results in poor performance, either low output or extremely short lamp life, depending on the battery types involved.
"What water depth will the Polttec 90 operate in?"
-IPX7 rated design; waterproof to one meter for 30 minutes
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !