Articulating head and 4 specialized adjustable illuminators make it the most versatile military light in the world.Twenty flashlights in one. A compact, high performance, multi-source C4 LED flashlight, the SideWinder is engineered to meet a variety of hands-free task illumination requirements with different color LEDs that operate at varying intensities and runtimes.
The light features a 185 degree tilting head and a versatile steel clip that lets you position the light beam at the work area. Each LED in the SideWinder features 4 levels of output intensities: Low (5%), Medium 1(20%), Medium 2 (60%), High (100%) plus a Strobe function (100%).
The pull-to-turn locking 4-color rotary selector knob has a tactile indicator which makes it easy to operate, even with gloves.
- 4 illuminators: White C4 LED, IR LED, Red LED, & Blue LED
- Up to 45 lumens with the primary white C4 LED
- Articulating 185° rotating head
- High-impact, super-tough combat-ready nylon case
- Durable belt/clothing clip with integral helmet mount features allow for hands-free use
- Case Material: Housing, base and battery housing made from high impact super tough nylon offering exceptional durability. All openings are o-ring sealed for weather resistance. Spring loaded clip with built in ring easily attaches to belts and harnesses. Unbreakable polycarbonate lens with silicone anti-scratch coating is assembled in a heavy duty bezel.
- Dimensions: 3 x 1 x 2.01" | 7.62 x 2.54 x 5.11 cm
- 2.4 oz | 68 g with battery
- 3.3 oz | 93 g with battery and optional Helmet Mount
- Lens: Unbreakable polycarbonate lens with silicone anti-scratch coating. Gasket Sealed
- Light Source: High output C4®LED, white, impervious to shock with 50,000Hr lifetime.
- 5mm IR LED, 880 nm peak wavelength, impervious to shock with 100,000Hr lifetime.
- 5mm Red LED, 630 nm peak wavelength, impervious to shock with 100,000Hr lifetime.
- 5mm Blue LED, 470 nm peak wavelength, impervious to shock with 100,000Hr lifetime.
- Light Output 100%: White C4®LED: 55 lumens, 1,175 candela peak beam intensity and 69m beam distance.
- 5mm IR LED: 25mW/sr (min) radiant intensity.
- 5mm Red LED: 1 lumen, 40 candela peak beam intensity and 13m beam distance.
- 5mm Blue LED: 1.8 lumens, 130 candela peak beam intensity and 23m beam distance.
- Compound On-Off mode selector switch ergonomically separates On-Off-Dimming Strobe and LED selection functions.
- Design does not require the operator to access separate switching locations on the device.
- Rubber dome actuator and 4 position pull-to-turn locking rotary selector knob with IR LED tactile indicator (or green LED for tactical model) provides easy operation even when wearing heavy gloves.
- Push button switch lifetime rated to 300K operations. Pull-to-turn locking rotary selector knob uses a photonic switch design which requires no mechanical connection.
- Batteries: (1) CR123A size lithium cell provides fast replacement with readily available batteries. Lithium cells allow operation in extreme temperature environments (-40F to 150F).
- Charging: One hour fast chargers with full charge indicators designed specifically for AC or DC power sources.
- 3 meter multiple orientation impact resistance tested.
- IPX7 Rated design; waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes. O-Ring and gasket sealed openings.
- Meets MIL-STD-810F, Method 512.4.
- Pull-to-turn locking rotary selector knob prevents accidental mode changes and allows selection of
- 4 illumination sources.
- Tactile indicator on rotary knob for IR LED position (green LED position for Tactical model).
- Push button switch enables/disables selected illumination source starting at low output and progressing to the brightest output in 4 discrete steps (Tactical model enables selected illumination source starting at high output and progressing to the dimmest output). Double click of push button initiates high output strobe of selected illumination source.
- Built in battery polarity protection guards against damage to the light.
- Cord attachment hole provided in clip capable of supporting 25lbs of load.
- Durable Belt/Clothing clip with integral helmet mount features.
|Approvals:||Meets applicable European Community Directives|
Streamlight warrants its Sidewinder Compact® (excepting batteries) will be free from manufacturing defects under normal use for 12 months after purchase. During the warranty period, at its sole discretion, Streamlight will repair or replace any defective part or product.
Ratings & Reviews
Best light I've ever used.
The best tactical military light I've ever used and I'm not big on mounting a light on my helmet. I would rather mount my light on the molle webbing of my plate carrier instead of my head being the POI of my enemy. I made a video showing how this light works and some of the features it offers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoZrTI-tgio
I like the flash light. It's a good product. I was disappointed that I was unable to find the necessary mount on the firestore website. I had to go to other sites the find the rest of the mounting hardware. And that was 40.00 extra in cluding shupping costs.. In the package of the flash light, I could see were the rest of the mounting hardware would have been but, not shipped it.
Best light I've ever used
Without a doubt the best light I've used, it has all of the things needed in a tactical military light.
"Will this flashlight mount to a fire helment?"
This light was and is designed to be used in a militarily style of a helmet. That doesn't mean it can't be adapted to mount on a fire helmet, but that's going to be something you are going to need to make or design on your own.
"Does it come with the headstrap 14059?"
Michael T this head strap 14059 does not come with this light, but there are several Sidewinder Compact models that come with this strap; Sidewinder Military: 14512 14514 Aviation model: 14531 14532
"does this come in other color besides coyote."
Sorry, only the Coyote
"In addition to the previous question, does it come with the helmet mount? And how do we get additional helmet mounts?"
This one does not have the helmet mount, but SKU 14102 does.
"i was given 1 of these used. i put new batteries in and it wont turn on. how do i get it checked out"
check t make sure there is no corrosion on battery contacts. If everything looks good contact streamlight about warranty. https://www.streamlight.com/support/service/warranty-information
"Does this light come with the mounting accessory?"
has a Spring loaded clip with built in ring easily attaches to belts and harnesses no other hardware but many mounts avalible https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/index/sidewinder-compact
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !