K65: The New Thermal Imaging CameraFLIR’s new NFPA-compliant K65 allows firefighters to see more clearly in the harshest environments, maneuver more strategically, stay better oriented, and find victims faster.
NFPA 1801: Standard on Thermal Imagers for the Fire Service (2013 Edition) for thermal imaging cameras that are used by firefighters focuses on three main areas: interoperability/usability, image quality, and durability. The new FLIR K65 complies fully with this important standard.
Note: This product is explosion-proof certified according to ANSI/ISA 12.12.01 (Class I, Div 2, Gas Groups C and D). In order to be able to provide any safety-related information to the user, end-customer contact details are required when placing the PO.
Easy-to-use, even with gloves on
Controlled by three simple, large buttons designed for gloved operation, the K65 has an intuitive user interface that allows firefighters to stay focused on the job at hand.
Clear and Crisp Thermal Images
The K65’s maintenance-free uncooled microbolometer sensor produces detail-rich thermal images at 320 x 240 pixels. Displayed on a large bright 4” LCD, K-Series images make it easier to navigate under the smokiest conditions and help provide a more expedient way to decide on the best course of action.
Flexible Scene Enhancement
The K65 also features FLIR’s proprietary FSX™ Flexible Scene Enhancement technology which enhances thermal images through real-time digital processing inside the camera. These ultra sharp images show extraordinary structural, edge, and other instantly recognizable detail, making it more efficient for firefighters and rescue teams to find their way through the darkest environments, and to instantly identify targets in scenes with extreme temperature dynamics.
Rugged & Reliable
The K65 is designed to meet tough operating conditions. It’s able to withstand a drop from 2 meters onto a concrete floor, is water resistant (IP67), and is fully operational up to +260°C/+500°F for 5 minutes.
Produce simple reports
Thermal images can be stored in the FLIR K-Series and later be used to produce simple reports of what happened at the scene.
In-Camera video storage
Able to store 200 images or video clips with a maximum length of 5 minutes each – ideal of on-site assessment, later analysis, or for training purposes.
Imaging and optical data
- IR resolution: 320 × 240 pixels
- Thermal sensitivity: < 30 mK @ +30°C (+86°F)
- Contrast optimization: Digital image enhancement using FSX
- Field of view (FOV) / focus: 51° × 38° / fixed focus
- Image frequency: 60 Hz
- Zoom: 2x, digital zoom
- Focal Plane Array (FPA) / Spectral range: Uncooled microbolometer / 7.5–13 µm
- Start-up time: < 17 sec. (IR-image, no GUI)
- Start-up time from sleep mode: < 4 sec.
- Image storage: Up to 200 JPEG images on internal Flash Memory (co-dependent on the number of saved video clips)
- Video storage: 200 files in total, with a maximum duration of 5 minutes per video clip
- In-camera video recording format: Non radiometric MPEG-4 to internal Flash Memory
- Display: 4” LCD, 320 × 240 pixels, backlit
- Image modes: IR image:
- TI Basic NFPA fire-fighting mode / Black-and-white fire-fighting mode / Fire mode
- Search-and-rescue mode / Heat detection mode
- Thumbnail gallery
- Auto-range: Yes, mode dependent
- Object temperature range: –20 °C to +150 °C / -4 °F to +302 °F, 0 °C to +650 °C / 32 °F to +1,202 °F
- Accuracy: ±4°C or ±4% of reading for ambient temperature, 10°C to 35°C / 50 °F to 95 °F
- Spotmeter: 1
- Isotherm: Yes, According to NFPA and mode dependent
- Automatic heat detection: Heat detection mode (the hottest 20% of the scene is colorized)
- Color palettes: Multiple palettes, mode dependent
- Regional adjustments: Units, date and time formats
- Interfaces: USB-mini
- USB: USB Mini-B: Data transfer to and from PC / uncompressed colorized video
- Battery: Li Ion, 4 hours operating time
- Charging system: 2-bay charger, truck charger available
- Charging time: 2 hours to 85% (3 hours and 25 minutes) capacity, charging status indicated by LED’s
- Charging temperature: 0 °C to +45 °C / 32 °F to 113 °F
- Operating temperature range: –20°C to +85°C (–4°F to +185°F) / +150°C (+302°F): 15 min / +260°C (+500°F): 5 min
- Storage temperature range: –40 °C to +85 °C (-40 °F to +185 °F)
- Humidity (operating and storage): IEC 60068-2-30/24 h 95% relative humidity +25ºC to + 40ºC (+77ºF to +104ºF) / 2 cycles
- Relative humidity: 95% relative humidity +25ºC to + 40ºC (+77ºF to +104ºF) non-condensing
- Impact acceleration resistance
- Viewing surface abrasion
- Heat resistance
- Heat and flame
- Product label durability
- EMC: EN 61000-6-2:2005 (Immunity)
- EN 61000-6-3:2011 (Emission)
- FCC 47 CFR Part 15B (Emission)
- Magnetic fields: EN 61 000-4-8, Test level 5 for continuous field (severe industrial environment)
- Encapsulation: IP 67 (IEC 60529)
- Shock: 25 g (IEC 60068-2-27)
- Vibration: 2 g (IEC 60068-2-6)
- Drop: 2.0 m / 6.6 ft., on concrete floor (IEC 60068-2-31)
- Safety (power supply): CE/EN/UL/CSA/PSE 60950-1
- Camera weight, incl. battery: <1,1 kg / 2.4lb
- Camera size (L × W × H): <120 × 125 × 280 mm / <4.7 x 4.9 x 11”
- Tripod mounting: UNC ¼”-20
- Infrared camera
- Battery (2 ea.)
- Battery charger
- Hard transport case
- Power supply
- Printed documentation
- USB cable
- Torx screwdriver (T20)
- Lanyard Strap
- Neck Strap
- Retractable Lanyard
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !