Crew Boss’s most comprehensive Rehab facility system. Simply tow it to the scene…and set it up in minutes to help you towards NFPA compliance.
- A comprehensive mobile facility with the equipment and supplies necessary to set up an effective on-scene rehab site, based on NFPA 1584 requirements
- It all packs into a purpose-built 6’ x 8’ trailer for easy transport behind almost any vehicle.
- Built around the stable, versatile Crew Boss 16’ x 16’ Rehab Shelter as the primary care facility.
- 205 sq.ft. octagonal shelter has removable wall panels, windows, 2 doors, roof vent, whiteboard kit, and the ability to handle a variety of options for climate control
- Trailer opens up to become an advanced, climate-controlled EMT treatment facility with a large fold-out awning for additional shelter outside.
- Includes collapsible seating, toilet with separate shelter, medical supplies organizer with writing desk, hand washing station, coolers, misting fan, extra tarps, and more.
- Can be completely set up by 2 people in minutes
- Priced within the range of many grant programs
Design based on the NFPA 1584 Standard on the Rehabilitation Process for Members During Emergency Operations and Training Exercises, 2008 Edition.
No longer a “Recommendation.”
NFPA 1584 is now a Standard.
What is your department doing to comply? If like so many fire companies around the U.S., your answer is “Nothing yet,” you could be opening yourself, your department, or your sponsoring municipality to substantial legal liability for non-compliance. The 2008 Edition of NFPA Standard 1584 now mandates on-scene rehab during fire emergency operations and training. Plus it provides comprehensive guidelines for the adoption of specific procedures, training, and operational assignments to properly safeguard your personnel.
Section 6.2 states: Rehabilitation efforts shall include providing the following:
Do you know all you need to protect your crew? Unfortunately, too many departments are still learning about the new standard. Those who have taken steps to comply understand just how difficult it can be. Determining what your department needs, and then obtaining all the systems and equipment to meet the new requirements, has been complicated at best…and often extremely expensive. Until Now.
- Relief from climatic conditions
- A place for rest and recovery
- Cooling or warming as needed
- Calorie and electrolyte replacement
- Medical monitoring
- A place for EMS treatment,
- Member accountability tools and crowd control/location ID
Need to know more? Want to get started?
Click to download this Sample Firefighter Rehabilitation Guideline from Crew Boss. It provides a concise summary of the of the NFPA 1584 Standard, 2008 Edition. Plus it can be used to help create the required SOP for your own department.
Introducing Crew Boss Fire Rehab Kits: The quickest, most cost-effective way to take care of your crew. Each Crew Boss Fire Rehab Kit is a complete turnkey system specifically designed to help you meet the physical requirements for a separate on-scene rehab station under NFPA Standard 1584. Three current configurations will fit the needs and budgets of departments of almost every size and location—from the most basic to the most diverse.
Each kit—including the mid-priced Crew Boss Rehab Kart Kit at under $9,000—includes much of the gear and facilities your department needs to be compliant. And because Crew Boss understands your frustration with having to haul yet another piece of gear, they developed complete rehab solutions sized for a variety of transport and storage methods. You select the level of support you need and decide which systems will create the least impact to your existing mobilization methods. You’ll find cost and equipment options to fit your budget, or qualify for available grants, now…with the potential to expand your system at a later date.
Not just cost-effective—EFFECTIVE! More important, these comprehensive Rehab Kits give you the resources to effectively protect your fire fighters from over-exertion and exhaustion—by providing the rest, refreshment, and medical attention they deserve. Plus each kit is easily expandable to meet specific requirements and changing needs.
The Crew Boss Rehab Trailer
A comprehensive portable Rehab shelter and care system designed for easy transport and maximum utility—at a cost-effective price.
This is no 6’x 8’ retrofit. The Crew Boss Rehab Trailer is a purpose-built medical transport designed from the tires up by Western Shelter Mobility Systems Transport Trailer Division. Though smaller than most of the custom Over-the-Road Trailers they build for the DHS and so many other federal state, and municipal emergency medical services, this versatile, feature-filled trailer was specifically engineered to fit the job. You’ll find it gives up nothing to its larger brethren in purposeful utility.
More specifically, this small transport system is really a large engineered “toolbox” that stores and transports the contents of both the Crew Boss Rehab Vehicle and Kart Kits while it provides a great deal of additional space and more options for care and treatment of your crew. Plus it’s all organized into one convenient support unit that’s easily towed to the fire scene by any vehicle with a tow hitch.
Versatile, functional, comfortable space. The environmentally-controlled interior features a removable 8’ storage bench with seat cushions that serves multiple purposes. You can quickly clear the trailer of equipment by lowering the rear gate to create a full-length gap-free ramp, rolling out the Kart, and removing the bench. You can utilize the trailer as an advanced EMT treatment room with full climate control, power outlets, equipment storage and supply options, and organized space for everything your station needs to support a rehab operation. The trailer gives you plenty of room for a gurney and a team of medical staffers when emergency treatment is required. You can leave the padded storage bench in place to provide sitting room for up to four fire fighters and an EMT. Or use the bench as a cot for a patient who needs room to lie down. An external door panel on the side the trailer opens directly into the bench, giving you access to its contents from outside the trailer.
Once deployed, the Rehab Trailer can serve as a well-equipped environmentally controlled paramedic field station…or a whole lot more: This unique multi-function trailer can be tasked for Command & Control, Decontamination or Mass Casualty Incident Response. Its built-in multitasking features will support a wide variety of fire-ground operations and many other applications.
Built-in features include:
- Air conditioning and heat
- Multi-functional exhaust fan
- Ceiling utility hangers (for IV bags, air masks, etc)
- Multiple wall hooks
- Privacy curtains
- Fully finished, completely washable floor and interior surfaces
- The trailer exterior has such operational features as:
- A hand washing sink
- High-Output, LED interior and scene lighting
- High Output LED ramp lighting
- Turn-out gear hanging system
- Auxiliary outlets
- Exterior access door to the inside storage bench
- Rear opaque privacy curtain
- Two interior 15A 110v Circuits
- Four 110 VAC GFI protected outlets on the trailer exterior
A compact system that expands its capabilities…and yours.
In addition to the included Crew Boss 16’ x 16’ Shelter, with its 205 square feet of versatile enclosed space, the passenger side of the trailer has a custom 9’ deployable awning and ground tarp system that can provide an additional 100 square feet of clean, protected space for environmental relief. Plus the Rehab Trailer is specifically designed to equip you with the tools and power you need to provide the most complete on-site rehabilitation facilities available for emergency operations and training exercises. Once at the site, it can be operational in just minutes after arrival, with practically everything you need. Getting the facilities and basic gear to satisfy the NFPA Standard 1584, as it relates to providing your crew with on-scene rehab facilities simply doesn’t get any easier…or more cost-effective. We can’t imagine a more convenient way to do it right.
The Rehab Trailer Kit includes practically everything you see here…and more. Click here for video.
16’ x 16’ Crew Boss Shelter
Take shelter. Fire rehab begins with relief from climatic conditions. The Crew Boss CB-16 Shelter delivers. Because you can’t administer adequate rest and rehabilitation on a bumper or curb, Crew Boss fire rehab kits are built around the roomy 205 sq. ft., 16’-diameter octagonal Crew Boss CB-16 Shelter. This stable, temporary “building” is easy to transport and quickly erected. In fact, it can be completely set up by two or three people—in under 4 minutes. Watch how easily it’s done in the video below. You’ll find this versatile structure perfect for practically any fire-ground operation. With some optional equipment, it can be efficiently heated or air conditioned. And it provides an exceptional amount of usable space to meet your rehab requirements...and much more.
There’s plenty of room inside for treatment, monitoring, or Command & Control. Water cooler and folding tables are included in the more comprehensive Rehab Kart Kit and/or the Rehab Vehicle Kit. See those listings, and optional equipment for details. Medical equipment and cases not included.
One sturdy shelter. Practically endless utility. Whether you are on scene for a few hours or several days, rain or shine, the versatility of the CB-16 Portable Shelter is practically endless. This durable shelter is a brother of the well known Western Shelter and GateKeeper systems utilized by virtually every federal USAR and DMAT team in America. These unique, high-quality multi-functional shelters have been proven to provide years of dependable service under the most extreme conditions. Plus they provide additional utility for operations and events of all kinds. Many departments order additional shelters to expand their rehab capabilities—or to go beyond rehab as field hospitals, command and control centers, temporary barracks, and a wide range of training and “non-incident” uses.
This multi-purpose octagonal shelter offers added utility as:
- A shade cover with roof only
- Wind break, using one or both wall panels
- Privacy tent
- Command center
- Temporary field hospital
- Media control center
- Field Hospital
- Crew Boss Rehab Kart with its durable construction, large sturdy casters, and room for storing the Shelter, and most of the accessories included on the cart.
- Seating for responders and paramedics: 2 Six-person Collapsible Insta-Benches
|Crew Boss: 6-Person Collapsible Insta-Bench
A comfortable bench for up to six…or a roomy cot for one.
A heavy Duty collapsible bench with a steel frame and Cordura seating surface. Holds up to 6 people. Rated for over 1500 pounds. Adds quick, comfortable seating to your shelter while maximizing logistical floor space. Compact stored size of 24” x 24” x 6”. Instantly expands to over 8.5’ long. Ideal for convenient seating inside or outside Rehab shelters or a wide range of other applications. Yet it takes up minimal space when stored. Backless design allows personnel or stretchers to lie flat.
Includes heavy-duty nylon storage and carry case. Fits into Rehab Kit Accessories Bag with other included components.
||Folds to fit into its convenient carry case—or expands—in seconds.
- Collapsible Bench
- Heavy Duty Steel Frame
- Cordura seating surface
- Capacity: 6 adults
- Weight rating: 1500 lbs.
- Folded Size: 24" x 24" x 6"
- Expanded Size: 8.5' x 2'
- Weight: 20 lbs.
- 4 Folding Stools
|Crew Boss: Folding Rehab Stools
Compact, comfortable seating for paramedics and responders.
|Seating doesn’t get much simpler. Or more portable. Yet these little folding stools are surprisingly comfortable for resting during rehab, or ministering to those who are. They fold up small and compact—to not much more than a bundle of three lightweight aluminum poles with a strap to wrap them…and make carrying practically effortless.
- Medical Supplies Organizer with hard writing surface. Hangs on an interior wall of the shelter
- Electric Misting Fan can lower ambient temperature as much as 30º
|Crew Boss: Cool Draft Blue 18” High-Volume Misting Fan
|A industrial grade misting fan made for efficient, effective cooling under the most extreme conditions.
- Effectively reduces body temperatures to combat heat stress
- Efficiently lowers air temperatures as much as 30° in areas up to 1000 sq. ft.
- Extremely portable self-contained design. Fill it, plug it in, turn it on.
- 18” Industrial Grade high volume Fan with sealed motor
- Entire system is designed to stand up in the most extreme environments
Engineered for more efficient cooling. The Cool Draft system uses a powerful 18 in., high-volume, industrial fan with a patented misting hub that increases air flow as it releases an ultra fine mist in the “sweet spot” of the fan’s air stream. It’s a refined design that creates maximum flash evaporation which literally sucks heat out of the air as the mist absorbs the caloric energy it needs to evaporate. The result is not a perceived cooling, but a measurable, almost instant, lowering of the air temperature in the misted area—and a proven effective way to combat heat stress.
Durable, dependable, designed to last in the toughest environments. The heavy duty fan and yoke assembly, misting system, and tank are made with tough polymers, powder-coated metals, and corrosion-resistant hardware throughout. The entire system is engineered to stand up to the moisture, dirt, dust—and hard use—that’s a natural part of any fire or emergency scene.
Misting Fan Features & Benefits::
This model is suited for tough environments!
- High efficiency fan blades
- Fan guard opens for easy access to blades
- New cooler handles for easy moving
- Totally sealed fan motor for maximum durability under all conditions
- Cooler with fill line indicator eliminates guesswork
- New intake hose design
- Self-priming water pump
- Mercury tip switch for reliable activation in wet environments
- 4-nozzle Hub with plugs
Performance Features & Benefits:
- Easy to use. Fill it… Plug it in... Turn it on.
- Efficiently lowers body temperatures
- Effectively reduces heat stress
- Completely self-contained unit for maximum convenience
- Cools ambient air temperatures as much as 30°
- Cools areas up to 1000 square feet
- Works in humid climates
- Reduces liability
- Over 6 hours of cooling on a single tank Extremely easy to transport
- Ice can be added for improved cooling efficiency
- Separate insulated tank cover lets you carry a full tank without spilling
- Drain at bottom of tank for easy emptying; alternate/simultaneous use as an insulated tank for drinking water, wetting towels, etc.
- 110 volt System
- Minimum inverter requirement: 400/750 watts
- GFI Plug
- 25' Power Cord
- Multi Function Toggle Switch
- Self Priming Pump
- Advanced Filter Design
- Dimensions (fan in operating position): 54" H x 21" W x 17" D
- Weight (empty tank): 32lbs.
- Crowd Control Gear: 6 "REHAB" Cone Covers (cones not included)
- "REHAB" day/night Barricade Tape, 2 1000' rolls - hi-vis & reflective heavy-duty 3 mil. x 3" x 1000 ft. (stanchion not included)
- Brief Relief™ Field Lavatory. Portable Bucket Toilet with Pop-Up Privacy Shelter. Includes sanitary gel disposal pouches for both liquid and solid waste.
|Crew Boss: Brief Relief™ Field Lavatory - Portable Toilet with Pop-Up Privacy Shelter
An entire sanitary portable toilet system that sets up in minutes.
Personal Privacy Tent fits into a small carrying bag. Pops up quickly and easily to provide sanitary and private toilet facilities.
- Complete sanitary system with privacy shelter — deploys in 2 minutes
- Ultra lightweight and compact.
- Requires minimum storage space.
- Unlimited shelf life.
- Spill-proof, leak-proof and odorless.
- Trash-container safe waste kits meet all State and Federal EPA requirements for waste disposal
Each complete system has everything you need for personal comfort. One complete Brief Relief™ Field Lavatory System is included with all Crew Boss Rehab Kits. You can keep your Rehab Kit stocked and ready by ordering additional sanitary Brief Relief waste disposal pouches and supplies. Or your can order additional complete Field Lavatory Systems, or individual components, to increase your rehab capacity for larger crews or events.
|Portable Pop-up Privacy Shelter.
From its convenient carry bag to a sturdy privy in less than 2 minutes. The Brief Relief™ Privacy Tent is a lightweight yet durable nylon structure that deploys with a spring action mechanism that’s easy enough for anyone to use. The Privacy Tent comes with a skirted base that allows it be held down by sandbags or other weights, and also with tie-down ropes and steel stakes. It allows for safe and secure set-up on any surface. Just remove the folded, lightweight shelter from its storage bag, hold it up by its top…and shake. The shelter will partly unfold and drop down in one quick step, its spring action hinges allowing you to quickly snap all four legs open into their locked open position. Smooth out the outside skirt and either weight or stake the shelter down to keep it secure. Pull back and fasten the dual-zippered flap, place the Brief Relief Commode in place, and you’re ready to go—unless you have to wait your turn.
- Weighs 7 lbs, less than 3 kg.
- Spring action hinges for ease of use.
- Flame retardant, water resistant, and mildew resistant.
- Includes tie-downs and stakes.
- Skirted base for set-up security.
- Opaque material provides privacy.
- Inside zipper for additional user privacy.
- Comes with over-the-shoulder carry bag.
Lightweight, durable, compact, and completely sanitary.
- Sanitary, single-user bag-within-a-bag system
- Clean, safe, simple to set up and use
- Virtually odor-free
- Trash-container safe urinal bags meet State and Federal E.P.A. disposal requirements.
|The Commode is a sturdy, top-locking bucket base with a full size folding toilet seat and a supply of Brief Relief™ Daily Restroom Kits.
|Brief Relief Disposa-John Kits contain everything needed to safely dispose of solid human waste. The Commode portable toilet system consists of a 5-gallon basin and a full-sized, soft folding seat that affixes quickly, easily, and firmly to the top. All of the supplies to use The Commode fit neatly in the 5-gallon container. A locking twist-on lid keeps everything clean and secure. Each Commode Kit comes with Disposa-John waste disposal bags, individually packaged toilet paper, and antiseptic towlettes. Patented “bag in a bag” design and final zipper closure securely contains the waste and the odor, while our special blend of polymers and enzymes instantly begins to break down the waste and turn it into a deodorized gel.
The Disposa-John pouch is really two bags in one. the grey liner is designed to be pulled up over the seat for extra sanitation, while the foil bag contain the polymers and enzymes to instantly gel and break down the waste.
Brief Relief™ Disposable Urinal Bags
Brief Relief Disposable Urinal Pouches are designed for use by both men and women.
Unique locking handle for ease of use by both men and women
- Snap-lock closure assures strong final seal to guard against spills or leaks
- Special blend of polymers and enzymes converts waste into deodorized gel for disposal
- Large antiseptic wipe included for safe and sanitary use
- Trash-container safe urinal bags meet State and Federal E.P.A. disposal requirements.
- Small enough to fit in your pocket.
Each pouch contains a proprietary blend of naturally bioactive polymers and enzymes to instantly turn urine into a deodorized gel. The funnel design and one way valve prevent accidental spills. The pouch can be turned upside down without leaking!
Order Additional Facilities or Supplies:
Complete Pop-up Privacy Shelters or Brief Relief Commode Kits.
Brief Relief sanitary waste disposal pouches are sold in cases of 100
- Anywhere White Board Kit lets you turn almost any flat surface into a re-usable white board.
|Crew Boss: Anywhere White Board Kit
Stop writing on the windows. Forget about having to write important signs directly on equipment or walls. Stop writing critical notes on paper sheets that won’t stand up to a little water. Forget about wrestling with rolls of tape to stick them up. And forget about losing valuable information when the incident is over.
Turn almost any flat surface into a re-usable white board. The Crew Boss Anywhere White Board Kit makes it all easier than ever—with dozens of static-cling White Boards that you can stick up and use just about anywhere. It gives you all the writing room you need—for your Rehab Unit, Command and Control Center, temporary classrooms, or practically any place you’d wish you had a real white board.
Totally portable. Completely reusable. Thoroughly practical. This unique, all-inclusive portable white board kit includes 35(?) static-cling dry erase sheets, broad and fine tip dry erase markers, eraser, and a durable, waterproof 4" x 29" storage tube with a convenient carry strap. The smooth, flexible white plastic sheets each measure 27" x 34", giving you plenty of room to write. They’ll "stick" to almost any surface including shelter fabric and insulation. Without tape, pins, clips or cumbersome stands…and without a hassle. Just put them into place, smooth them out with your hands, and start writing with the standard dry-erase markers. When you’re finished, the sheets can be removed, rolled or folded, and kept for future reference. Of course you can erase them, and re-use them, at any time.
- 35 each 27" x 34" Static cling dry erase sheets
- 4 Assorted fine tip dry erase markers
- 4 Assorted broad tip dry erase markers
- 1 Eraser
- 1 4" x 29" storage/carry tube with strap
- 1 Roll high-wind tape
- Portable Hand Washing Station
- Soft-sided folding Cooler & Terrycloth towels
- Large insulated water cooler with cup dispenser holds 5-gallons of ice water or electrolyte solutions, and keeps it cold longer, for more efficient hydration.
- Extra storage space for your food and water supplies
- Hot & Cold Water Washing Station holds 6 gallons of water for washing faces, hands and more. Plugs into the 12V outlet below the hooks on the outside of the trailer that's designed to hold it.
- Two folding utility tables, 27” x 60” each
- Two 10’ x 10’ tarps to create additional dry ground space or to use as privacy walls, shade covers and more
- 25” Shore 110VAC grounded power cord; capable of powering all systems
- Plastic tote for organizing accessories or use as a hamper, trash collector or cooling water reservoir.
- Multiple hooks for hanging air packs, coats and helmets for use on the trailer sides or Kart sides
- Quick release trailer tie-downs to keep all the gear secure
- Removable storage bench with padded seating and external access
- Multiple hooks and tie downs for secure gear storage
- Additional organized storage space for food, water, and clothing items
Trailer Physical Specs:
- Outside Dimensions (excluding tongue): 7.5’ W x 8’ L x 8.5’ H
- Outside Dimensions (with tongue): 7.5’ W x 11’ L x 8.5’ H
- Packed Weight: 2999 lbs. (with complete contents as described)
Options to add utility, comfort, and more space. The Rehab Trailer and Crew Boss Shelter can be augmented with these and other options to compliment rehab operations, or extend the utility of your system. Please call 800-852-6088 for more information.
If the Crew Boss name is new to you as a structural firefighter…
- Optional Shelter roof insulation
- Optional Sun Screen roof
- Shelter Air Filtration Kit
- Shelter Heating Kit
- Shelter Cooling Kit
- Portable Scene Lighting
- Metal Shelter Case
- Metal Accessory Cases
- Additional awnings for driver’s side of trailer
- Refills and Supplies to keep your Rehab Kit fully equipped and ready for the next call
- Custom Rehab Trailer Graphics Packages to make your Rehab and Response unit uniquely identifiable.
ask any of your Wildland Firefighting brethren. A division of Western Shelter, Corporation, this Oregon-based company has earned a solid reputation as one of America’s premier manufacturers of Wildland/Interface/Stationwear clothing and gear. Crew Boss brings 25 years of Made-in-America commitment—with an ISO-certified reputation for quality—to the serious task of providing Firefighter Rehab solutions that would be both effective and affordable. After two years of extensive research and committed development, the results of their efforts can make the difficult job of providing for the health and welfare of your crew easier than you ever have imagined.
Crew Boss Rehab Trailer Kits will ship directly from the manufacturer’s factory, usually within four to six weeks of the date we receive your order. These products will incur additional freight and handling fees due to dimensional weight and mode of delivery. When your order is placed online, these additional fees will be added to your cart. If you wish to receive a shipping quote prior to placing your order, please call 1-800-852-6088 and a quote specialist will be happy to assist you.