Altek's prescription eyeglass frame snaps securely into your mask; becomes strap-on safety glasses in seconds.
Made to fit your SCBA mask and more, the Altek SCBA Spectacle Kit is available with two sizes of mask inserts to fit most self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) systems. It also fits many air purifying respirator (APR) and powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) masks—and meets NIOSH, OSHA, and Z-87 Safety Standards for use in a wide range of hazardous environments and industrial safety situations.
Plus the Insert and frame can be easily moved from one mask to another to for added utility in a wide range of industrial and emergency applications. Because it is not installed as a permanent fixture in your mask, NFPA and other approvals are not compromised when the Spectacle Kit is removed.
- Custom Designed Hazardous Industrial Safety Spectacle Kits
- Spectacle frames are interchangeable with any Altek mask insert
- Custom designed mask insert for easy inserting and removal
- Currently fits Cairns, Drager, MSA, Scott & Sperian/Survivair
- Detachable or tuckable two piece adjustable head strap
- Dual capability for use inside and outside of mask
- Will not break mandatory mask seal
- Patented Snap-On / Snap-Off System
- Meets NIOSH, OSHA and Z-87 Safety Standards
- Complete Kit includes: Mask insert and universal spectacle frame
Leave your regular glasses at the station or on the truck. This is the only pair you’ll need at the fire scene. Most face-piece spectacle kits are made to fit into your mask or goggles and stay there. So once your mask comes off, the expensive prescription lenses you had made to fit them come off as well—and your ability to see clearly goes with them.
Until you can locate, fish out, and clean your street glasses, you may have difficulty seeing what’s coming. And if they’re not safety glasses, you still may not have enough eye protection for a dangerous environment.
One Altek Spectacle Kit keeps everything in focus. It’s the only spectacle kit designed for true dual use. The arch-shaped polycarbonate Mask Insert fits snugly into the top of your SCBA mask. Then it just snaps onto the nose bridge of the spectacles, holding them securely in place for maximum vision…while the mask does its job.
But these specs do more. Any optometrist can fit the large frames with safety-grade prescription lenses. The two-piece adjustable strap attaches to the frame with O-rings and fastens in back with VELCRO® brand. While the specs are in the mask, the strap can be quickly removed and stored in your pocket, or just opened in back and tucked into the sides of the mask where they won’t impair vision or compromise the critical seal. When the face shield is removed, simply un-snap the spectacles, re-connect the safety strap, and wear them as a regular pair of protective, prescription glasses.
- Kit 1: Fits Scott AV3000
- Kit 2: Fits Survivair Classic/Mark II, Survivair 4000
- Kit 3: Fits Draeger Panorama Nova, MSA Ultravue, Ultra-Twin, Ultra Filter & Phalanx
- Kit 4: Fits Survivair 20/20, 20/20 plus, Opti-Fit, MSA Advantage 4000, 3200 & 3000, MSA Ultra Elite
- Kit 5: Fits Scott AV2000, Cairns