A fire alarm can only alert you. The American-Certified iEvac® Smoke Mask/Escape Hood effectively protects you against smoke & toxic gases; providing extra time to escape.
iEvac is the first—and ONLY—hood currently CERTIFIED to the stringent American National Standard for Smoke Escape Hoods, ASTM E2952 – Respiratory Protective Smoke Escape Device (RPED).* Cost-effective, Certified Protection Against: Toxic Gases; carbon monoxide, smoke, hydrogen cyanide, chlorine, ammonia, sulfur dioxide, hydrogen chloride, hydrogen sulfide, and more
Click for complete performance and test data
Each iEvac® Fire Escape Hood comes vacuum-sealed in a protective foil bag that’s clearly printed with instructions for easy donning and use.
A sturdy outer box makes the mask easy to see and identify. Facilitates stacking or storage. Foldout handle for convenient carry.
- The ONLY Smoke Escape Hood currently certified to the stringent new American Standard!*
- Protects against toxic gases: carbon monoxide, smoke, hydrogen cyanide, chlorine, ammonia, sulfur dioxide, hydrogen chloride, and more
- HEPA filter removes the smallest harmful particulates, even sub-micron particles such as anthrax, smallpox, and radioactive particles
- Guards against flames, radiant heat, and molten drip
- Designed for easy donning, easier breathing, and maximum visibility
- Performance meets or substantially surpasses all standards*
- Toxic Gases: carbon monoxide, smoke, hydrogen cyanide, chlorine, ammonia, sulfur dioxide, hydrogen chloride, hydrogen sulfide, and more
- Harmful Particulates: soot, fumes, aerosols, and others.
- HEPA filter removes more than 99.996% of sub-micron particles such as anthrax, smallpox, and radioactive particles
- Life-Threatening Physical Hazards: flammability, radiant heat, and molten drip
Features & Benefits:
- Fully enclosing hood protects lungs, head, eyes, and face
- Twin cartridges reduce breathing resistance
- Unobstructed field of view, even for descending stairs
- High-visibility reflective strips make you easier to locate under the worst conditions
- Quick and easy donning
- Head harness adjusts from outside the hood for easy access without compromising protection
- One universal size fits virtually anyone
- Can be used over eyeglasses, beards, and long hair
- Vacuum sealed in a super-tough, waterproof, and puncture resistant 4-layer foil bag to maintain product integrity until opened for use in an emergency.
- Sturdy cardboard outer package is brrightly colored and clearly marked for visibility and easy identification. Facilitates stacking or storage. Foldout handle for convenient carry.
- Shelf life: 5-½ years from date of manufacture
- Weight: 1.4 lbs. | 635 grams (in ready to use configuration)
- Dimensions (folded in vacuum-sealed foil bag): 6-3/4 x 6-1/8 x 5-1/4" | 16.8 x 15.5 x 13.5 cm
Independently Certified by SEI: meets and substantially exceeds the tough new American Standard.
The iEvac® Fire Escape Hood is certified by the Safety Equipment Institute (SEI) as being in complete conformance with ASTM E2952-17 , American National Standard for Air-Purifying Respiratory Protective Smoke Escape Devices. This certification is earned after extensive independent testing to prove compliance with every requirement in the Standard.
User Information and Instruction Manual: Printed on each package in 4 languages: English, Spanish, French,Portuguese
Manufactured to ISO 9001-2000 Standard and ATSM E2952-17 Standard.