A full featured Electronic Siren with Light Control, PA, and Air Horn
Crystal controlled microprocessors, integrated circuits, and silicon based output transistors work together to make the PA640 the most reliable, most versatile totally enclosed siren/light controller available. Years of design and manufacturing experience has allowed Federal Signal to incorporate the most desired features along with advanced electronics into one affordable and compact siren package.
PA640 sirens provide 100-watt output and will meet Class A and SAE J1849 requirements for sound when paired with any Federal Signal high output speaker. Every siren comes with its own mounting bracket, hard-wired microphone and is electronically short circuit and reverse polarity protected. The PA640 can operate from any 12-volt negative ground electrical system and be powered through a Federal Signal Power Distribution Center or directly from the vehicle battery.
This compact siren (6.8”W x 3”H x 7.75”D) is packed with standard features, built-in versatility and product reliability that simply can’t be matched by similar competitive products. Nine on-board relays are used to deliver 80 amperes of total switching capacity and can control primary, secondary, take down, alley, and auxiliary lighting circuits. The PA640 siren has two built-in flasher circuits available, provides advanced “dynamic” short circuit protection and allows the installer to easily change switch functions via internal programming.
Unmatched versatility is achieved through internal programming built into the PA640 siren. Any of the six auxiliary push buttons can be changed from a standard on/off switch into a momentary, flasher, or eight second timer. In addition, auxiliary relays, standard tones and even HRT functions can be programmed to operate off of any slide switch position desired.
Advanced electronic technology that features the use of crystal-controlled microprocessors dramatically enhances the reliability of the PA640 siren. This type of microprocessor continuously monitors current flow between the output transistors and the speaker. This “dynamic” style of short circuit protection between the output transistors and the amplifier delivers a quicker, more effective way to protect your siren warning system.
Selector Switch Functions:
Radio: Incoming radio messages are amplified by the siren and rebroadcast over the outside speaker.
- Choose standard tones with the heavy-duty five-position rotary switch.
- Six backlighted rubber membrane auxiliary relay push button switches
- User-friendly four-position high current slide switch
- Separate push buttons for Air Horn and Manual activation
- Rotary PA/Volume control knob
- Park-Siren Deactivation is built into the PA640 PC board; activates automatically once the vehicle transmission is shifted into Park
- Horn Ring Transfer (HRT) function allows siren and light step-through control to be operated with the steering wheel horn ring for safer, more convenient, traffic management
- SAE J1849/ July ’02 compliant
- CCR (CAC) Title 13 Class A
||11 VDC to 16 VDC
||64V peak to peak
62-66 V peak to peak
||6.8" x 3.0" x 7.75"