Down behind enemy lines? Left to fend for yourself? Or just want the best survival knife you can carry?
A rugged, versatile, field-tested survival tool. This fearless 10" survival knife was engineered by a former military man and thoroughly tested by our men and women in uniform.
Gerber’s LMF II is as adaptable as the personnel who carry it. Use it to cut through the skin of a fuselage, sever a seat belt, punch through the Plexiglas of a chopper, or smash a car window.
The LMF II does a slick job cutting firewood and helping to build a shelter. It can even be lashed to a pole to create a spear.
The comfortable over-molded handle provides a non-slip grip that fills the hand and successfully eliminates potential blistering.
You can safely hammer against the broad spine of the stainless steel blade when cutting or splitting wood, and its aggressively serrated section works well for sawing. There is complete separation between the tang and butt cap, so the knife absorbs the shocks from hammering and prevents conduction of electricity. Smartly situated grooves and lashing holes let the LMF II convert to a spear.
420HC Steel holds a higher carbon production rate than some stainless steels. Tools made from 420HC Steel are easy to sharpen and are durable when in constant use and they’re pretty rust-resistant. A knife made from this level of steel is one of the best products available when on any expedition.
- Lashing holes for use as spear
- Rugged, versatile survival tool
- Includes low profile sheath with built-in sharpener
- Over molded design for comfort to eliminate potential blistering
- Complete butt cap and tang separation by the handle's substrate material to reduce shock absorption when used as a hammer and provides electrical insulation from the blade
- Ergonomically designed grooves and lashing holes for use as a spear
- Overall Length: 10.59"
- Blade Length: 4.84"
- Weight: 24.28 oz. (w/ Sheath)
- Weight: 11.67 oz. (w/o Sheath)
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Material: 420HC Stainless
- Blade Type: Serrated
- Handle Material: Glass-filled nylon with TPV overmold
- Sheath Material: Ballistic nylon with fire retardant coating
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in USA
Every Gerber product has a story to tell. The story of the LMF II is one of resilience and resourcefulness, of being on the wrong side of sticky situation and living to tell the tale. The purpose driven design of this knife stems from the experience of former military man Jeff Freeman, combining thoughtful design features and life-saving application.
Originally designed to free an aircrew from a downed aircraft, the LMF II is tough enough to cut through the fuselage of an aircraft and smart enough to ensure you are safe while doing so. The knife has a purposeful break between the tang and the butt cap, providing insulated protection against stray wires and absorbing any shock from hammering.
This 10” survival knife was built to adapt to any scenario thrown at it – ensuring comfort, versatility, and safety when you need it most.
It is the customer’s responsibility to be aware of any federal, state, or local restrictions and regulations that may apply when purchasing and carrying a knife.