Design advancements and two sizes can stabilize almost any vehicle quickly, and safely.
Forget cumbersome, complicated, cribbing.
JYD Industries Vehicle Rescue Struts have proven, over and over, that in vehicle rescue situations when time is critical, less equipment definitely does do more. These simple, self-contained, lightweight rescue struts work on the "tension buttress" principal for quick and secure deployment. They can allow even a single firefighter to stabilize a vehicle faster, better, and often far more easily than a team of rescuers with a truck-full of cribbing and connectors. Junkyard Dog strut systems come in two adjustable sizes, and with a variety of accessories. They’re engineered to allow deployment in a wide range of configurations—to stabilize vehicles of all types, in virtually any situation.
Tough as a…Junkyard Dog.
- Less equipment does more work.
- One rescuer can carry two complete struts.
- Struts are easily applied by one rescuer.
- Lower cost than many alternative systems
- Lighter more compact design.
- Replaces quantities of cumbersome wood cribbing.
- All accessories attach to the strut for easy transport and storage.
Constructed of 14-gauge solid wall steel, using top quality locking "T" pins and Simpson ratchet and axle straps, Xtend Rescue Struts are engineered to handle the most difficult situations. They’ll effectively accommodate conventional and ultra modern vehicle construction features. Each Strut is powder-coated for an enduring finish, is independently column tested to 10,000 lbs., and comes with a durable accessory pouch designed to be attached right to the strut for the ultimate convenience.
XTend™—Longer reach and improved stabilization make the proven JYD Industries' Vehicle Rescue Strut, even better. A refinement of the proven JYD Industries Rescue Strut.
The new XTend incorporates several small changes that add more reach and improved diversity to a system that has already saved countless lives.
The long and short of it: Nightmare and G-Force—descriptive names for two lengths of struts.
- Lowering the clevis and eliminating the bolt through the upper part of the strut body allowed JYD Industries to increase the length of the inner telescoping tube. Additional holes provide an extra 5 to 6 inches of travel on both the long Nightmare and short G-Force model struts.
- With the anchor clevis moved lower on the body at the base attachment, the base will not lift when tensioning with the ratchet and strap, yet the downward force remains unchanged.
- Because the lower clevis keeps the strap(s) at ground level, it also reduces possible trip or snag hazards.
- A larger clevis opening makes it easier to attach two ratchet devices; allows the snap hook and strap to be passed through for triangulations or double-back purposes.
The shorter, 19-lb. G-Force
model strut reaches from 27” to a maximum extension of 42”. The longer Nightmare
extends from 51” to a full extension of 81”, yet weights just 25 lb. They are designed to be used in pairs and are sold in sets of two of the same size with standard accessories. Or you can order a complete Combo which includes two struts of each size…and be ready to handle practically anything.
Click Here to view Specifications
XTEND™ Combo System
- Sand blasted 14-gauge steel
- 2 Layers of red powder coating for exceptional durability
- Black Rhino coated base and picket for better wear and grip
- Welded carry handle for easy secure transport
- Accessory pouch attaches to strut; keeps everything you need together and instantly accessible.
(Model #JYD-XRS-S) Includes: 2 Nightmare Long Model Pinless Rescue Struts (Model #JYD-XRS-N) & 2 GForce Short Model Pinless Rescue Struts (Model #JYD-XRS-G)
Order the complete Combo System (JYD-XRS-SYS)
which includes two struts of each size (both the Nightmare
versions)…and be ready to handle practically anything. JYD Industries Rescue Struts are engineered to allow deployment in a wide range of configurations—to stabilize vehicles of all types, in virtually any situation.
- 2 G-Force Rescue XTEND™ Struts & 2 Nightmare Rescue XTEND™ Struts
- Standard red color (Custom colors available)
- 4 Standard heads
- 4 Witches hat point heads
- 4 90 degree heads
- 4 Accessory pouches
- 4 Pickets
- 4 Simpson ratchet straps
- 4 Simpson axle straps
- 4 Simpson axle straps
Spare and Replacement Parts
for JYD Industries Strut Systems are available for all XTend and ZStrut Rescue Strut Systems. Call 800-852-6088 for information and prices.
Choose Extend Nightmare Set, Extend G-Force Set, or Extend System Combo
(Includes both Nightmare