Mountain boot performance with Forestry management features!
The Glacier boot specifically designed for Forestry management. The original LaSportiva Glacier was a classic, lightweight leather mountain boot that was great for long backpack trips, NOLS and general mountaineering.
Heat-resistant sole with a rubber compound that is resistant to 300°C and a glue that is resistant to 70° C. Heat activated glue WILL delaminate when exposed to fire or heat. (This delam is not covered under warranty.)
- Designed for forest management work and post fire clean up work
- This boot is not designed for Front Line Firefighting
- Double cuff to meet minimum 8" height requirement and add extra protection in rugged terrain
- Heat resistant heel and toe counters
- Modified D-Ring ankle lacing
- Superb cushioning and support without the weight of traditional logger-style Wildland boots
- Light weight and superior shock absorption reduces fatigue and injuries
- Water repellant, breathable all-leather upper
- Cement sole construction with specially formulated glue compound resistant to 70° C
- Half steel shank engineered for maximum flexibility
This exceptionally comfortable, durable boot has an Ice-New sole. The bulletproof Idro-Perwanger one-piece leather uppers will repel the toughest obstacles, and do a great job protecting your feet.
Their premium, silicone injected rough-out leather is made especially for LaSportiva by Perwanger leather of Italy, using a special process to make them extremely water repellent, but still breathable.
The many converts to the La Sportiva boots—"hot shot crewmembers, smokejumpers, rappellers, engine crewmembers and others who wear these boots on wildland fire assignments…prefer them over traditional logger-style boots.
- Weight: 32.1oz (910g)
- Last: Makalu
- Construction: Board Lasted
- Upper: 3mm Idro-Perwanger Roughout Leather/ removeable EZ Flex tongue with Dry-Best lining
- Lining: Dry-Best
- Insole: 8mm MtnFlex with 1.5mm Dacromet-coasted half steel shank
- Midsole: PU Aircushion
- Sole: Vibram Ice-New HRO Test and ISO 20344 Certified
- Sizes: 38 - 48 (half sizes) European
Get the right size…right out of the box.
La Sportiva Glacier boots are built in European half sizes, on a Mountain Boot Last.
To obtain your fit for the Glacier, use ONLY the La Sportiva size conversion chart below.
1. Find your American size* on the top line of the chart. Use the size of your most comfortable boots.
2. Match it to the European size (or half size), in the scale below it.
3. Go up to the next highest European size (or half size) to accommodate the Glacier’s snug high-performance fit and wider feet. This is the size you should order.
Women’s Sizes: *At this time, we don’t offer the women’s Glacier style online, but we will gladly place a special order for you. Please call 800-852-6088 for details.
WARRANTY NOTICE: Although originally created for hiking and climbing, the La Sportiva Glacier mountain boot has quickly become a popular choice for Forestry management all over the country. However, fire-generated heat that might be encountered while fighting fires may lead to glue breaking down and potential separation of the sole from the leather upper.
Please Note: Heat delamination and associated damage that may be encountered while fighting fires is NOT COVERED by La Sportiva N.A. under the Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty, or by TheFireStore.com.