Boots may have manufacture dates of 2018 or older. They are still NFPA certified to 1971.
Advanced Safety. Uncompromising Quality. And Comfort that Won’t Quit.
- 14” pull-on style boot with reinforced 1” Nomex® webbing boot straps for easy donning and doffing.
- Orthopedically-correct design & construction; driven by firefighting ergonomics to enhance comfort and reduce foot injury.
- US-tanned FR top-grain leather upper is tough, flexible, water repellant: delivers unparalleled foot dexterity for running, crawling, and climbing
- Tempered steel toecap with Vibram® Nitrile rubber reinforcement protects the toe from scuffs and abrasion as well as impact
- Lock-Fit Ankle Support System™ keeps foot securely positioned in the boot to prevent rubbing and chafing; slips, trips, and falls
- Certified to meet NFPA 1971 Edition and Canadian CSA Standards for Structural Fire Fighting
With dozens of options available, how do you choose the right leather firefighting boot for you?
There’s little question that quality leather firefighting boots are lighter, better fitting, and more comfortable than rubber boots. It’s usually accepted that even though they may cost more initially, quality leather boots offer superior long-term value compared to rubber fire boots. But which boots offer the best performance and value for you?
There are three key areas to consider: Safety. Quality. And Comfort.
Start with Comfort. Safety and quality construction may seem more critical from a technical perspective—thermal protection and impact resistance are requirements of NFPA-compliant firefighter boots—but FIT and COMFORT are crucial.
A comfortable boot is essential to safety on the fireground because when your feet hurt, you can lose mobility and stamina. If boots don’t fit right, they can’t be comfortable for long periods or stressful wear. And if boots aren’t comfortable, you’re not going to wear them long enough for durability to be an issue.
But that’s where Lion Technical Footwear™ excels. Lion Protective Systems has worked closely with its manufacturing partner, STC of Montreal, Quebec, to develop a new line of boots to bring superior working comfort, safety, and durability to the fireground.
Whether you prefer the speed and feel of a pull-on style boot or the more customizable support of a lace-up model, Lion Technical Footwear delivers everything you want in a firefighting boot. They’re rugged, strong, flexible, and supremely comfortable. These are fire boots you’ll be glad to pull on—run after run, year after year.
Pull on a better boot—with advanced comfort and some very special features:
- Large, rugged 1” Nomex® webbing boot straps with reinforced stitching ensure easy donning and doffing
- Tibia Protector puts another layer of leather and extra padding to cushion your shin when leaning on a ladder for long periods of time
- Anti-chafing padded collar trim puts more cushioning at the top of the boot for a comfortable fit across a broad range of calf shapes without chafing or creating painful pressure points
For firefighting boots, work boots, athletic shoes, or any footwear designed to handle high stresses, comfort is impossible without a proper fit. In fact most common foot disorders are caused by improperly-fitting footwear.
Support and comfort stem directly from footwear that properly matches the anatomical form of the individual foot and does not interfere with the biomechanics of walking, running, bending, crawling, or however you have to move.
The orthopedically-correct design and construction of Lion Technical Footwear™ is driven by firefighting ergonomics to enhance comfort and reduce foot injury.
- Custom fit and feel – The back of a Lion Technical Footwear™ boot is designed to match the anatomical shape of your heel. Molded thermoplastic heel counters are individually modeled to every size for a custom fit. And unlike the cardboard heel counter found in some other boots, they keep their shape even in severely wet conditions. A layer of cork filler in the midsole will conform to the shape of the wearer’s foot over time to deliver another element of “ergonomic comfort”.
- Won’t rub and irritate –Lion’s Lock-Fit Ankle Support System™ is an integrated anatomical ankle padding system that ensures the foot is securely positioned in the boot. This helps prevent your heel from riding up and rubbing against the back of the boot.
- Fight sagging arches – a double-ridged ladder shank supports your arches, reducing painful compression and possible injury.
- Stay dry and cool – Premium, two-part moisture management system includes a Cambrelle® lining to transport perspiration away from the foot, plus a waterproof, breathable CROSSTECH® footwear moisture barrier membrane that allows moisture vapor to escape (, keeping the foot dry and comfortable while protecting against hazards from chemicals and blood-borne pathogens).
- Comfort in critical areas – OrthoLite® dual density removable footbed with anti-odor, anti-fungal, breathable, and shock-absorbing open-cell foam cushioning helps prevent injury caused by impact.
- Anti-chaffing padded collar trim –Advanced cushioning technology at the top of the boot conforms to deliver a comfortable fit across a broad range of calf shapes; allows full motion without chafing or creating painful pressure.
Enjoy the all-weather, multi-surface traction and excellent lateral stability of a slip-resistant Vibram® Fire & Ice Sole attached with traditional Goodyear Storm Welt construction.
It’s an extremely flexible, versatile combination that provides maximum durability. And because this tough, proven sole is sewn-on rather than permanently glued it can be easily replaced to extend the wear life of these already long-wearing boots.
The patented Lock-Fit Ankle Support System™ grabs the ankle and foot to improve surefootedness and further reduce the risk of slips, trips, and falls. Plus Lion Technical Footwear provides exceptional protection against punctures, extreme heat or cold, and impact to all parts of the foot and ankle.
Its Lenzi® ballistic cloth midsole offers 30% more coverage, superior puncture resistance, less weight, more comfort, and its unique cork filler, far more effective thermal insulation compared to fire boots with stainless steel midsoles. Add effective, lightweight, multi-directional protection against puncture and impact make these exceptional leather boots among the most protective available anywhere.
Superior traction and dexterity
- Slip-resistant Vibram® Fire & Ice™ sole – special blend of polymers offer durability and superior tracking in hot and cold environments.
- Goodyear® Storm Welt Construction– Lion Technical Footwear uses a sewn-on heel and sole, as opposed to a “modern” glued-on type. This traditional attachment method produces an outsole that’s extremely flexible, yet provides maximum durability. And because there is a sewn “welt” attaching the sole to the leather upper, the outsole can be removed and easily replaced to extend the wear life of these already long-wearing boots.
- Flexible US-tanned FR top grain leather upper— Water repellant, tough, extremely protective; delivers unparalleled foot dexterity for running, crawling, and climbing.
- 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material is strategically positioned on the uppers for improved visibility in low-light settings
- Non-slip microfiber inner heel strip – enhances foot stability and minimizes wear on Cambrelle® fabric lining without reducing breathability.
- Lock-Fit Ankle Support System™ – By keeping your foot securely positioned in the boot, this anatomical ankle padding system not only prevents rubbing and chafing, it also makes you more sure-footed to help prevent slips, trips, and falls – the most frequent causes of strains and sprains to the legs, ankles, and feet.
Exceptional durability and protection
- Tough, flexible, Fire Resistant leather uppers — First quality US-tanned top-grain leathers are used to provide the finest natural durability and protection against heat, cuts, and abrasion. Treated for Fire Resistance and added water repellence without sacrificing the leather’s natural breathability.
- Abrasion-resistant toe – Vibram® nitrile-rubber toe covering protects the boot from abrasion when you’re crawling or trying to gain a toehold. Your boots last longer, and look better throughout their entire wear life.
- Lenzi® puncture-resistant midsole – A Lenzi® midsole is lighter, more flexible, and more puncture-resistant than steel. Made of layers of this advanced aramid fabric, arranged in a multi-directional fashion similar to the layers of a bullet-proof vest, the Lenzi® midsole in Lion Technical Footwear boot is positioned further away from the sole to provide a 30% greater coverage area You’ll enjoy enhanced puncture protection, more cushioning, and far better thermal insulation than a stainless steel sole.
- Pierce-Protect Arch Protection System™ – This flexible ballistic grade composite system provides multi-directional puncture resistance to the vulnerable arch area of the foot. Because the layered composite is highly flexible, it moves with the foot to maintain comfort and mobility.
- Wide-fitting tempered-steel toe cap – Special “wide-flange” design with rubber lip has been tested to withstand impact up to 92.2 foot pounds. It exceeds NFPA, CSA and ASTM standards.
Lion Technical Footwear™ is Union made in North America to meet the most demanding working conditions in the World. Other boots may look flashy, but are they built to last? And are they really made for fire fighters? Lion Technical Footwear™ is made by STC of Montreal, Quebec, in partnership with Lion Apparel Protective Systems Group. STC—The Shoe Technology Company—is a respected global supplier of technical safety footwear to a wide range of industries including Firefighting, Mining, Law Enforcement, and the Military.
These exceptional boots were especially designed to provide the kinds of tested features American fire fighters want most for convenience, comfort, and lasting protection. They’re made with the most durable materials and dependable construction techniques—to stand up to the worst a firefighter can be expected to face.
That’s why you’ll see so many brand-name components and advanced materials, including Goodyear® Storm Welt, Lenzi® puncture-resistant midsole, breathable CROSSTECH® moisture barrier fabric, Vibram® Fire & Ice™ Soles, and premium, top-grade US fire-resistant leather with 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material. Lion Apparel leaves nothing to chance. Lion Technical Footwear is built to last.
Soft on the Inside, Tough Where it Counts
- Top grain, US-tanned FR full leather – Tough, water repellent, flexible, protection; with a soft-leather padded collar trim for an all-around better fit with no chafing.
- Advanced Moisture management – Lion KNOWS moisture management; and whether you’re talking about turnout gear or footwear, Dry IS better. With Lion Technical Footwear, the boots’ Cambrelle® lining transports perspiration while the breathable CROSSTECH® footwear moisture barrier membrane allows moisture vapor to escape. Your feet stay dry, comfortable, and protected.
- Vibram® Fire & Ice Sole – offers durability and superior traction at both temperature extremes.
- Tempered steel toecap with Vibram® nitrile-rubber reinforcement – Lion Technical Footwear guards against impact damage with a tempered-steel “wide-flange” toe cap with a rubber lip, tested to withstand an impact up to 92.2 foot pounds. Its Vibram® nitrile-rubber toe area covering protects the toe from scuffs and the boot from abrasion when you’re crawling. Your boots are safer…and last longer.
- Lenzi® puncture-resistant midsole – The advanced multi-layer Lenzi fabric works like ballistic armor and it’s positioned further away from the sole for enhanced puncture protection and 30% more coverage than steel plates. Lion Technical Footwear delivers better puncture resistance, greater coverage, and more comfort than brands that use a steel midsole.
- Multi-directional puncture protection – our patent pending Pierce-Protect Arch Protection System™ is a flexible, ballistic grade composite that delivers superior protection to the arch of your foot.
Marshall 14” Pull-On Boot
- 14” Pull-on design
- Top grain, US-tanned FR full-leather upper
- Rugged 1” boot straps of Nomex® webbing with reinforced stitching ensure easy donning and doffing.
- Tibia Protector provides comfort when leaning on a ladder for long periods of time.
- CROSSTECH® waterproof, breathable fabric membrane, wicks away moisture while protecting against hazardous chemicals and blood-borne pathogens.
- Cambrelle® lining – 300 grams polyfelt insulation.
- Slip-resistant, breathable micro-fiber technology protective heel strip enhances foot stability and minimizes wear on Cambrelle® fabric lining.
- Lenzi® puncture-resistant midsole.
- Wide fitting toe cap with rubber lip tested to withstand an impact up to 92.2 foot pounds meets NFPA, CSA and ASTM standards.
- Goodyear® storm welt construction provides maximum durability and enables easy repairs.
- Lock-Fit Ankle Support System™ provides anatomical ankle padding that ensures the foot is securely positioned within the boot.
- Removable shock-absorbing foam footbed is anti-odor, anti-fungal and breathable
- Double ridged ladder shank reduces painful arch compression
- Vibram® Fire & Ice™ sole offers durability and superior traction at both temperature extremes
- Thermoplastic heel counter individually molded to every size for custom fit.
- Leather bound, padded collar trim for better all-around fit with no chafing
- Vibram® nitrile-rubber toe area covering provides full toe area scuff protectio.
- Silver 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material provides added visibility
- Each and every boot is tested to be 100% waterproof
- Union-made in North America
- Certified to meet NFPA 1971, 2007 Edition and Canadian CSA Standards for Structural Fire Fighting
Available in a full range of sizes for a true fit.
Men’s Sizes 5-15 (by half-sizes) narrow, medium, or wide